2024 NFL Offseason

Dynasty

3 hours ago, jamesizzo said:

Ravens vs Chiefs will be the Thursday Sept. 5 season opener!

I see the longstanding policy of "all prime time Chiefs games MUST be at Arrowhead" is still in place...

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

I see the longstanding policy of "all prime time Chiefs games MUST be at Arrowhead" is still in place...

to be fair, that's normal for defending champs

• Like 4

spacer.png

Browns v. Cowboys to open the season. Apparently this will be Tom Brady's first game in the announcers booth. Should have a lot of intrigue just for that. Two playoff teams. Browns have huge expectations and hopefully Chubb is back. Cowboys are the cowboys in terms of fan support. Will most likely be the prime late afternoon game on Fox.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

10 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Browns v. Cowboys to open the season. Apparently this will be Tom Brady's first game in the announcers booth. Should have a lot of intrigue just for that. Two playoff teams. Browns have huge expectations and hopefully Chubb is back. Cowboys are the cowboys in terms of fan support. Will most likely be the prime late afternoon game on Fox.

You mean to tell me that Dallas doesn't have to play the Giants on Sunday Night Football to open the season? I'm shocked. 

• Like 1

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

https://scarletandgame.com/posts/ex-ohio-state-football-player-becoming-a-distraction-for-his-new-team-already-01hxq08cyg3n

Marvin Harrison hasn't signed his NFLPA paperwork yet, and Fanatics is upset. Interesting that people are surprised that a player that got paid $1 million dollars last year would  not want to settle for the rookie base of $30,000 the next year. Who could have seen that coming? 

Also, arguing that he doesn't need the money because his family is rich, smacks of "Be happy with what we give you, others had it worse". Coming from an Ohio State fan page, that's pretty disappointing. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://scarletandgame.com/posts/ex-ohio-state-football-player-becoming-a-distraction-for-his-new-team-already-01hxq08cyg3n

Marvin Harrison hasn't signed his NFLPA paperwork yet, and Fanatics is upset. Interesting that people are surprised that a player that got paid $1 million dollars last year would  not want to settle for the rookie base of $30,000 the next year. Who could have seen that coming? 

Also, arguing that he doesn't need the money because his family is rich, smacks of "Be happy with what we give you, others had it worse". Coming from an Ohio State fan page, that's pretty disappointing. 

The 30k value is for his NIL as a pro, correct? The #4 pick in 2023 was slotted at 36.9 million on the contract including a signing bonus.  

https://sports.yahoo.com/much-money-first-round-picks-200059441.html

2 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

The 30k value is for his NIL as a pro, correct? The #4 pick in 2023 was slotted at 36.9 million on the contract including a signing bonus.  

https://sports.yahoo.com/much-money-first-round-picks-200059441.html

I believe all rookies that are drafted get that $30,000 deal with Fanatics. But if you were willing to pay someone $1 million the year before, why would you expect them to take substantially less the next year? 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, LAWeaver said:

You mean to tell me that Dallas doesn't have to play the Giants on Sunday Night Football to open the season? I'm shocked. 

Well good thing the Giants are awful because back in the 2010's, it really felt like we got DAL-NYG to start the season all the time. I would bet that Brady will probably be working with Cowboys games more than any other during his tenure.

8 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The linked article doesn't seem to be very well written (to put it lightly) - that's clearly a fan page and not something written by a "journalist."  It contrasts with what he's already said about the situation, which is that he's going to sign and it's not about his own money since he's not bound by the Fanatics NIL deal that most college players sign (which could potentially carry forward into their first 2 NFL seasons, at a very low rate.)

On 5/3/2024 at 8:40 AM, BBTV said:

I wish there was some way of just posting the relevant one and not both.  Anyway, he's basically protesting a contract that Fanatics offers to college sophomores under the NIL agreement which pays them for exclusive rights to their autograph and other stuff for 4 years, which, depending on when they leave college, could extend into their first two NFL years, where their value is considerably higher (but they take the bag in college, because it's hard to say no.). Harrison didn't take it because he didn't need it, but this is like a "silent protest" against it on behalf of other players, and he'll eventually sign the NFLPA deal.

TL;DR - nothing to see here.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

International schedule

GNndl-GUW0-AAMQ17-format-jpg-name-900x90

Shame there's only 1 Germany game this year, those have a much better atmosphere than the London games. Makes sense though since they're doing Brazil now. Hopefully next season they add another game

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

And if Stars and Mavs win the Stanley Cup and NBA Finals, it will be the same for "Seasons since Last Championship".

I have my doubts that either will win.