2024 NFL Offseason

Dynasty

15 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Not entertaining a potential (and unlikely) Chiefs relocation, but out of curiosity, how many votes would need to be in favor of it happening? Dallas and Houston are only two votes out of the rest of the league, so is there a minimum that would need to be met? I'm asking because I genuinely don't know how that works.

I know that when the Expos were about to relocate to DC, MLB had an owners vote take place and all but one of the owners (Orioles) voted against it. The relocation ultimately went through when the owners' votes met the minimum.

3/4 of the owners have to approve it

There are zero viable US markets for the foreseeable future. I don’t know if Toronto is a non-starter, but I don’t think relocation threats work in the NFL anymore unless it’s within the same market. 

Unless some billionaire in San Diego is willing to privately finance a stadium and buy a team that’s not even for sale. 

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, MalibuSunrise said:

Who's going to build a new stadium for the Chiefs in San Antonio? Plus the Alamodome is outdated. Chiefs ain't moving to Texas. 

There's no space in the metro area. The Alamodome is a good short term solution, but the stadium is likely to be between San Marcos and Austin. There's enough people down here to put their own money in, including the Hunts, but they would ask the state and cities to put up half the money for it at a minimum. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

There are zero viable US markets for the foreseeable future. I don’t know if Toronto is a non-starter, but I don’t think relocation threats work in the NFL anymore unless it’s within the same market. 

Unless some billionaire in San Diego is willing to privately finance a stadium and buy a team that’s not even for sale. 

Probably why teams who want new stadiums will probably get stadiums in the suburbs of their current market anyways if they choose not to renovate.  

• Like 2

On 5/3/2024 at 2:29 PM, DCarp1231 said:

The best part about this signing is there’s fans who genuinely think OBJ is still relevant.

Hasn't had over 600 yards in a season since Covid. Woof.

• Like 1

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/browns-stadium-rumors-picking-up-steam

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/cleveland-councilman-puts-browns-on-notice-about-art-modell-law-amid-stadium-negotiations/ar-BB1kTw9F

The city of Cleveland is trying to play hardball by saying that a move to Brook Park is a violation of the Art Modell Law. I wonder who'd try to buy the team to keep them in a stadium that the city doesn't want to pay so much to upgrade? And trying to get this law imposed for a move of less than 20 miles, to a suburb of the city and not as far away as Akron, Canton or Columbus is just going to backfire on them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

If the city quantified and published the amount of lost revenue due to the team living the city limits, it may make it seem more reasonable that they’d fight as hard as they could. 

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 5/4/2024 at 9:45 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

And of course a certain man with the initals JJ will fight tooth and nail to nix it

Tbf, that didn't stop football from coming back to Houston. Though I understand there would now be double the resistance which the said team in Houston would add to.

9 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

It's honestly flabbergasting to me how quickly these stadiums become 'obsolete'. 

Especially when "obsolete" means, "That new stadium has more expensive seats than I do, so I need more of those". 

• Like 7

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Bills signed an undrafted free agent with the last name "Bills" who plays the right position to wear the team's inaugural year as his jersey number.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 5/11/2024 at 5:28 AM, Cosmic said:

The Bills signed an undrafted free agent with the last name "Bills" who plays the right position to wear the team's inaugural year as his jersey number.

Joe Washington and Ken Houston played in the right cities. Jim Brown (but not Browns).

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Joe Washington and Ken Houston played in the right cities. Jim Brown (but not Browns).

And Ahman Green. 

C'mon, bro...how'd you forget about him? 😀

• LOL 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

24 minutes ago, tBBP said:

And Ahman Green. 

C'mon, bro...how'd you forget about him? 😀

And his brother Howard (not really) playing for the Green Packers 😂😂😂

• Like 1

It's where I sit.