CFL

random_ax

Dude, around here, if your logo draws comparisons to the Bobcats, your logo is well and truly doomed.

And rightfully so. A completely embarassing logo, probably one of the worst ones EVER introduced for a major sports franchise.

I'm no fan of the Bobcats logo....which is why I don't likem the present BC logo.... to me it looks a whole lot more like the Bobcat logo. The "flared" look on bot the the BC and Bobcat logo is similar but colorwise and style-wise....I'm sorry, BC Lions logo and the C Bobcats logo are closer.

Your proposed logo looks a lot more like the state of North Carolina than the BC one.

Which is what the Bobcat logo is supposed to look like IIRC. :wacko:

If I could recolor the dahm BC logo, would you still think it looked like the Bobcat logo? Because that's about the only thing the two have in common.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, around here, if your logo draws comparisons to the Bobcats, your logo is well and truly doomed.

And rightfully so. A completely embarassing logo, probably one of the worst ones EVER introduced for a major sports franchise.

I'm no fan of the Bobcats logo....which is why I don't likem the present BC logo.... to me it looks a whole lot more like the Bobcat logo. The "flared" look on bot the the BC and Bobcat logo is similar but colorwise and style-wise....I'm sorry, BC Lions logo and the C Bobcats logo are closer.

Your proposed logo looks a lot more like the state of North Carolina than the BC one.

Which is what the Bobcat logo is supposed to look like IIRC. :wacko:

If I could recolor the dahm BC logo, would you still think it looked like the Bobcat logo? Because that's about the only thing the two have in common.

I think the rendering of the lion is weak...very junior high quality. I'm sure it was impressive in some past decade but it isn't what I would call professional. It's not like they're the Eskimos or Blue Bombers which don't lend themselves to a representation very well. The Lion could be a lot better drawn which was my point in showing the Majestic logo. And that one wasn't all that great but.. in my opinion...a lot better rendered than the BC Lion. I'm sure most of you could locate a profile of a lion that would work better than my example..

I think the rendering of the lion is weak...very junior high quality. I'm sure it was impressive in some past decade but it isn't what I would call professional. It's not like they're the Eskimos or Blue Bombers which don't lend themselves to a representation very well. The Lion could be a lot better drawn which was my point in showing the Majestic logo. And that one wasn't all that great but.. in my opinion...a lot better rendered than the BC Lion. I'm sure most of you could locate a profile of a lion that would work better than my example..

Phil already has, and Bleujayone already provided a link:

BCLionsLogoV1.gif

I agree, the BC Lions' logo could use an update. Something along the lines of what Phil did would be great.

That said, the Lions' mark is the only CFL logo, IMO, that needs work. Even then, when compared to the weaker logos in some other leagues, it's not that bad.

BCLionsLogoV1.gif

I agree, the BC Lions' logo could use an update. Something along the lines of what Phil did would be great.

That said, the Lions' mark is the only CFL logo, IMO, that needs work. Even then, when compared to the weaker logos in some other leagues, it's not that bad.

That one looks better for sure. But I'd still like to see the NFL/CFL try to revamp itg. Maybe even something totally different.

BCLionsLogoV1.gif

That one looks better for sure. But I'd still like to see the NFL/CFL try to revamp itg. Maybe even something totally different.

The BC/lion logo has become sort of iconic.

The only change that would fly would be something along the lines of what Phil did, as in a Ti-Cats style update. A totally new design would just fly in the face of tradition.

:flagcanada: I don't know why some people are bringing up the failed American expansion teams when discussing the CFL logos. Most of the existing franchises have some tradition to their current logos, and their relative simplicity prior to last year's uniform league-makeover disaster (RBK?) doesn't need to be state-of-the-art graphics, though new concepts are always nice to talk about.

IMO - Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Winnipeg Blue Bombers, British Columbia Lions (white helmets with orange jerseys) are all terrific as (pre-RBK stripes & panels) they stand!

Edmonton Eskimos are a little plain but really are so traditional that I think they should stay the same.

Calgary Stampeders are somewhat in this category but maybe could use an upgrade or re-design, keeping red with black only as outline piping.

Saskatchewan Roughriders - love the green, ditch the black & stay with silver/white and I also like the old wheat sheaf circle from days gone by - the current swish is dated and seems 1980-ish.

Toronto Argonauts - don't understand their latest change; I personally liked the Boatman with two shades of blue ("Double Blue") or the early to mid 1990s (Flutie era) with the clean and crisp "A" uniform.

Montreal Alouettes - currently a busy mess, with no tradition other than some color. Their logo is dated and too cartoonish and the dark jerseys are horrible! I say bring back the winged helmets from the 1960s but add some color to the red on white.

Hell NO, leave the lions logo the way it is. We love our lions logo. If anything, we should go back to the oldschool one.

Not this....you don't mean this.....

BC_1480.gif

I think he means the original BC/lion logo:

BC_1483.gif

Hell NO, leave the lions logo the way it is. We love our lions logo. If anything, we should go back to the oldschool one.

Not this....you don't mean this.....

BC_1480.gif

I think he means the original BC/lion logo:

BC_1483.gif

Wow, that almost makes it worse. I might be in the minority but most of the CFL logos just look lame. Tradiaiton aside, it wouldn't hurt to update them. The Argonauts are okay but even they could use a little work.

Maybe more like this

TROJAN.GIF

And yes, I did like a few of the American CFL logos but most of them weren't all that great. The Mad Dogs and Posse etc....no good.

BaltimoreStallions94a.GIFBirminghamBarracudas95.GIF

Wow, that almost makes it worse. I might be in the minority but most of the CFL logos just look lame. Tradiaiton aside, it wouldn't hurt to update them. The Argonauts are okay but even they could use a little work.

Maybe more like this

TROJAN.GIF

Why that's a perfect logo......

If your team's named the Spartans. <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Maybe more like this

TROJAN.GIF

And yes, I did like a few of the American CFL logos but most of them weren't all that great. The Mad Dogs and Posse etc....no good.

BaltimoreStallions94a.GIFBirminghamBarracudas95.GIF

You don't like CFL logos, but hold up the Baltimore Downs Horse and the landlocked fish as examples of what you do like.

You live in Bizarro world, don't you? Am I right?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I live in BC and never hear about anyone desperate to have the logo changed. Maybe they could stregthen the lines a bit, but it definately doesn't need a wholesale change. I've got no love for the one you suggest. Why do we want to confuse the lions with the Bobcats? Ditto for for Phil's. Sorry but, I don't like the angular lines on that at all.

To be perfectly honest, I dislike the majority of new sports logos. Why does every logo have to look like it was designed by the same person? Is there a checklist or something that design schools hand out now? There's zero individuality or character in logos any more. They all tend to have the same angular shapes that terminate in a knife like edge somewhere and are required to look "fierce" or violent.

As for the CFL in general, the jerseys aren't great. They took a classic uniform like Calgary's and put an ugly bib on it which ruined the thing. Ditto for the Lions. Love the orange but that bib is beyond stupid looking. The Edmonton and winnipeg third uniforms have the most disgusting colours ever seen on a football uniform.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Maybe more like this

TROJAN.GIF

That was a suggestion about the style, not using THAT logo.

Maybe more like this

TROJAN.GIF

That style has been done to death when it comes to football teams with ancient Greek/Roman warrior names. Granted the current A/shield is a little on the bland side, but the style you suggested is not the way to go about fixing things. The previous Jason logo, with the sea green replaced with powder blue is, IMO, the perfect solution.

TOR_3105.gif---->TOR_3105powderblue.png

Maybe more like this

TROJAN.GIF

That style has been done to death when it comes to football teams with ancient Greek/Roman warrior names. Granted the current A/shield is a little on the bland side, but the style you suggested is not the way to go about fixing things. The previous Jason logo, with the sea green replaced with powder blue is, IMO, the perfect solution.

TOR_3105.gif---->TOR_3105powderblue.png

Too

cartoony" for my tastes...perhaps a more realistic rendering of the same pic. Anyway, I'll agree to disagree.

Archived