CFL

random_ax

Anyone else think that a majority of the CFL logos could use a makeover. The T-Cats is okay but some of the other ones border on USFL. I like the CFL but the logos aren't that impressive. I can appreciate tradition but a little bit of NFL marketing input wouldn't hurt a few of the teams. Anyone agree or disagree?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else think that a majoirty of the CFL logos could use a makeover. The T-Cats is okay but some of the other ones border on USFL. I like the CFL but the logos aren't that impressive. I can appreciate tradition but a little bit of NFL marketing input wouldn't hurt a few of the teams. Anyone agree or disagree?

Outside of BC, the CFL's logos are fine, all though I wouldn't mind seeing Jason return for the Argos, and the classic Alouettes logo return to Montréal.

All in all though, the CFL is doing pretty good logo-wise, with only one logo that drastically needs to be changed.

Anyone else think that a majoirty of the CFL logos could use a makeover. The T-Cats is okay but some of the other ones border on USFL. I like the CFL but the logos aren't that impressive. I can appreciate tradition but a little bit of NFL marketing input wouldn't hurt a few of the teams. Anyone agree or disagree?

The USFL had some kicka$$ logos. As far as I'm concerned, being compared to it is not a bad thing.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The USFL had some kicka$$ logos. As far as I'm concerned, being compared to it is not a bad thing.

Wow, really? Which USFL logos did you think were good? And I guess I'd ask what you like in a logo?

Wow, really? Which USFL logos did you think were good? And I guess I'd ask what you like in a logo?

Loved: Michigan Panthers, Boston/New Orleans/Portland Breakers, Houston Gamblers, Memphis Showboats, Jacksonville Bulls, Washington Federals, Los Angeles Express

Liked: Oakland Invaders, New Jersey Generals, Orlando Renegades, Tampa Bay Bandits, Arizona Wranglers, Oklahoma/Arizona Outlaws, Birmingham Stallions, Chicago Blitz

Pretty Good, but not getting me excited: Denver Gold, Philadelphia/Baltimore Stars, San Antonio Gunslingers, Pittsburgh Maulers

For the most part I like the uniform colors, and in a way the logos, even if they were simpler (although those Breakers and Panthers helmets are two of the best helmets ever IMO, and they were fairly complex.)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Loved: Michigan Panthers, Boston/New Orleans/Portland Breakers, Houston Gamblers, Memphis Showboats, Jacksonville Bulls, Washington Federals, Los Angeles Express

Liked: Oakland Invaders, New Jersey Generals, Orlando Renegades, Tampa Bay Bandits, Arizona Wranglers, Oklahoma/Arizona Outlaws, Birmingham Stallions, Chicago Blitz

Pretty Good, but not getting me excited: Denver Gold, Philadelphia/Baltimore Stars, San Antonio Gunslingers, Pittsburgh Maulers

For the most part I like the uniform colors, and in a way the logos, even if they were simpler (although those Breakers and Panthers helmets are two of the best helmets ever IMO, and they were fairly complex.)

I guess we have different tastes in logos... although I did kinda like the Michigan Panthers but in comparing it to the Carolina Panthers, I don't see it being one of the best helmets ever. Well, that's why we come here ...to express our unique opinions, right?

helmetmichiganpanthers.gif04CarolinaPanthersHelmet.jpg

Anyone else think that a majority of the CFL logos could use a makeover. The T-Cats is okay but some of the other ones border on USFL. I like the CFL but the logos aren't that impressive. I can appreciate tradition but a little bit of NFL marketing input wouldn't hurt a few of the teams. Anyone agree or disagree?

Yes, I completely agree. Toronto and Montreal should be completely redone IMHO. Saskatchewan, B.C. and Edmonton really need to be updated at least. Somebody on this board presented some nice updates for most of the CFL teams which were miles above what the teams currently sport.

zzPEfBm.png

I know I'm going to sound like one of those people who don't know there's an M and B in the Brewers glove logo...but I swear until just now I didn't see the A and M in that Alouettes logo.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Anyone agree or disagree?

Me: I disagree

Peter Marshall:That's right, the logos are just fine. "X" gets the square.

Me: I'll take Leslie Uggams for the win.

hsquares.jpg

Should have gone with Totie Fields. She was our Secret Square, and a correct answer would have won you a garbage compactor, an 8mm camera and projector, and a trip to Fresno.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yes, I completely agree. Toronto and Montreal should be completely redone IMHO. Saskatchewan, B.C. and Edmonton really need to be updated at least. Somebody on this board presented some nice updates for most of the CFL teams which were miles above what the teams currently sport.

I would really like to see those. I've been a CFL fan since the local PBS outlet ran the games with ex-Packer Jerry Kramer and ex-Lion Alex Karras doing the games. The T-Cats are okay.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Me: I disagree

Peter Marshall:That's right, the logos are just fine. "X" gets the square.

Me: I'll take Leslie Uggams for the win.

hsquares.jpg

Should have gone with Totie Fields. She was our Secret Square, and a correct answer would have won you a garbage compactor, an 8mm camera and projector, and a trip to Fresno.

I didn't realize JD was on that show before doing MSG, FOX, NBC, and CBC commentary...I would have gone for him to just ask why he re-signed Doug Weight.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Are you nuts? The USFL logos rocked, particularly for their day. Michigan Panthers, Jacksonville Bulls, Tampa Bay Bandits, New Jersey Generals... Boston/New Orleans/Portland Breakers? Those were the best damned logos in all of pro football at the time - and many of them would stand the test of time to today.

nav-logo.png

Are you nuts? The USFL logos rocked, particularly for their day. Michigan Panthers, Jacksonville Bulls, Tampa Bay Bandits, New Jersey Generals... Boston/New Orleans/Portland Breakers? Those were the best damned logos in all of pro football at the time - and many of them would stand the test of time to today.

I wholeheartedly agree; the USFL had some badass logos. I'd add the Houston Gamblers and maybe even Washington Federals to the list.

I wholeheartedly agree; the USFL had some badass logos. I'd add the Houston Gamblers and maybe even Washington Federals to the list.

The USFL logos are some of the best ever. Only thing I would change would be some of the colors possibly. EX: Michigan Panthers in Carolina Panther or Detroit Lions colors would rock out.

USFL Renegades logo not too inspiring. Maulers colors weak. Panthers colors weak. The rest pretty good. If I had to choose a favorite logo and uni's it would be Panthers with Gamblers and Bandits close 2nd's.

Someone (Phil/ SyPhi Creations) here a while back gave the BC Lions a little "tweak". Mostly made the black outline bolder and recolored the muzzle. The results were a decent change without a loss of previous identity.

BC Lions Identity

Looks good to me.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Archived