CFL

random_ax

Anyone else think that a majoirty of the CFL logos could use a makeover. The T-Cats is okay but some of the other ones border on USFL. I like the CFL but the logos aren't that impressive. I can appreciate tradition but a little bit of NFL marketing input wouldn't hurt a few of the teams. Anyone agree or disagree?

The USFL had some kicka$$ logos. As far as I'm concerned, being compared to it is not a bad thing.

Wow, really? Which USFL logos did you think were good? And I guess I'd ask what you like in a logo?

The Jacksonville Bulls and the Michigan Panthers had two pretty damn good logos.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it comes to the CFL I think they should focus on redesigning those hideous Reebok things they've worn the past couple of years, and then look at logos. God I hate those unis.

Overall I think the CFL logos are pretty good. None really *need* changing yet, though some people may be bored with the long-term ones (Stamps, Eskimos, etc.).

I don't see why people don't like the BC logo; it's way better than that paw alternate logo. For other teams all I'd do is make make the Winnipeg W white again rather than blue, and bring the Argo dude back to Toronto. I'm not nuts about the Alouette logo but eh, it works I suppose.

When it comes to the CFL I think they should focus on redesigning those hideous Reebok things they've worn the past couple of years, and then look at logos. God I hate those unis.

Overall I think the CFL logos are pretty good. None really *need* changing yet, though some people may be bored with the long-term ones (Stamps, Eskimos, etc.).

I don't see why people don't like the BC logo; it's way better than that paw alternate logo. For other teams all I'd do is make make the Winnipeg W white again rather than blue, and bring the Argo dude back to Toronto. I'm not nuts about the Alouette logo but eh, it works I suppose.

The BC logo...I just think that I've seen so many panther/cougar type logos that are far superior to it. It just looks like a high school logo and a bad one at that. The T-Cats is okay. The Argos could be better.....and the rest need work. I actually liked the Ottawa Rough Riders (or is that Roughriders) and a few of the failed American CFL logos like the Barracudas and the CFL Colts.

The BC logo...I just think that I've seen so many panter/cougar type logos that are far superior to it. It just looks like a high school logo and a bad one at that. The T-Cats is okay. The Argos could be better.....and the rest need work. I actually liked the Ottawa Rough Riders (or is that Roughriders) and a few of the failed American CFL logos like the Barracudas and the CFL Colts.

So you like the Barracudas logos, but think Hamilton's mark is just ok, and that Jacksonville and Michigan's USFL logos were bad?

The BC logo...I just think that I've seen so many panter/cougar type logos that are far superior to it. It just looks like a high school logo and a bad one at that. The T-Cats is okay. The Argos could be better.....and the rest need work. I actually liked the Ottawa Rough Riders (or is that Roughriders) and a few of the failed American CFL logos like the Barracudas and the CFL Colts.

So you like the Barracudas logos, but think Hamilton's mark is just ok, and that Jacksonville and Michigan's USFL logos were bad?

Bulls and Panthers were okay, not spectacular or anything. Yes, I did like the Barracudas logo and Hamilton's. Neither the Barracudas logo or Hamilton's logo is in my personal favorites but for what they are...sure, I thought they were (or are)okay...why, don't you?

BirminghamBarracudas95.GIF

I think something like this would be a more striking logo for the BC Lions.

TacomaMajestics.GIF

As I said, I liked the Hamilton Tigercats, the BIrmingham Barracudas, and the old Ottawa Rough Riders.

HamiltonTiger-Cats_Retro.gif

ROUGHRIDERS.GIF

TacomaMajestics.GIF

Careful... you're getting close to LionSlug territory...

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

the logos isn't the problem,it's the uniforms i have issues w/

I agree the Lions logo could use an update--do could the Riders.

I'm at least okay woth the others--

Bu t the unis are horrible--too much piping, too much use of the same or similar templates--there were 9 teams when RBK did the change--they couldn't come up with 9 DIFFERENT templates?

And don't get me started on the bib on the Stamps' road unis--or that the number on those jerseys should be red, not black.

At least they left the pants alone--the season before the chnage the Stamps ditched their ugly black pants (both the striped & non striped versions), and switched to the ones they have now (The red & white ones before the black were good as well.) At least they didn't change those.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Bulls and Panthers were okay, not spectacular or anything. Yes, I did like the Barracudas logo and Hamilton's. Neither the Barracudas logo or Hamilton's logo is in my personal favorites but for what they are...sure, I thought they were (or are)okay...why, don't you?

You misunderstood me. I love Hamilton's logo, but just said it was ok, while praising the Barracudas logo. On top of that you also said you like Barracudas logo, while the Bulls and Panthers' marks were just ok. I just find it carious that you found Birmingham's logo better then Hamilton, Jacksonville, or Michigan's.

And I agree with the opinion that the CFL should focus on fixing their uniform mess before the think about logo changes.

You misunderstood me. I love Hamilton's logo, but just said it was ok, while praising the Barracudas logo. On top of that you also said you like Barracudas logo, while the Bulls and Panthers' marks were just ok. I just find it carious that you found Birmingham's logo better then Hamilton, Jacksonville, or Michigan's.

And I agree with the opinion that the CFL should focus on fixing their uniform mess before the think about logo changes.

I just like the Barracudas logo better than any current or past CFL logo. I'm aware that others don't agree with me and even more that some HATE the Barracudas logo..... one guy cracked me up when he criticized the team for choosing a fish to represent the team....... a barracuda is not exactly a bluegill or goldfish. It can take your hand off. And a shark,marlin and devil ray are fish as well and I don't hear complaints about that.

I also liked the Minnesota Muskies logo. I know some have ridiculed teams for naming themselves after walleyes and Northern Pikes...but both of those fish are nasty predators with tendon-ripping teeth. A muskie is basically a freshwater barracuda. Anyone not familiar with muskies,Northenr Pike (and Tiger muskies which are a hybrid of muskies and Pike) and Walleyes (actually they are Walleyed Pike) needs to do a little research on them before thinking they are not mascot/logo material. Muksies can grow to 100 lbs or more.

muskies.gif

MinnesotaFightingPike.png

Have they intoduced the AHL's Cleveland Fighting Walleyes logo yet?

I just like the Barracudas logo better than any current or past CFL logo. I'm aware that others don't agree with me and even more that some HATE the Barracudas logo..... one guy cracked me up when he criticized the team for choosing a fish to represent the team....... a barracuda is not exactly a bluegill or goldfish. It can take your hand off. And a shark,marlin and devil ray are fish as well and I don't hear complaints about that.

I also liked the Minnesota Muskies logo. I know some have ridiculed teams for naming themselves after walleyes and Northern Pikes...but both of those fish are nasty predators with tendon-ripping teeth. A muskie is basically a freshwater barracuda. Anyone not familiar with muskies,Northenr Pike (and Tiger muskies which are a hybrid of muskies and Pike) and Walleyes (actually they are Walleyed Pike) needs to do a little research on them before thinking they are not mascot/logo material. Muksies can grow to 100 lbs or more.

muskies.gif

MinnesotaFightingPike.png

Have they intoduced the AHL's Cleveland Fighting Walleyes logo yet?

The complaint about the "Barracuda" name stemmed more from the fact that Birmingham is quite land locked (to the tune of 2-300 miles) then from the use of a fish.

As for the Fighting Walleyes, they haven't, and the AHL fan in me hopes they never will.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

TacomaMajestics.GIF

Yeesh. You would.

So, you think this BCLions.jpg

is better than this?TacomaMajestics.GIF

Why? I mean, we know you're a contrarian but can you supply any reason that you prefer one over the other? Or is this just like the 100% New Orleans comment...?

TacomaMajestics.GIF

Yeesh. You would.

Why? I mean, we know you're a contrarian but can you supply any reason that you prefer one over the other? Or is this just like the 100% New Orleans comment...?

I dunno, I don't think "Carolina Panthers" with the current logo.

Yours on the other hand...

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

TacomaMajestics.GIF

Yeesh. You would.

I see this guy with that logo:

258.gif

That's definitely not a good thing.

I like some of the CFL's logos, the BC one among them. I think they have a vintage feel that's not artificial.

Now can you supply a better reason for preferring that blue/white big cat other than you seem to enjoy things being different for the sake of being different?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

TacomaMajestics.GIF

Yeesh. You would.

I see this guy with that logo:

258.gif

That's definitely not a good thing.

I like some of the CFL's logos, the BC one among them. I think they have a vintage feel that's not artificial.

Now can you supply a better reason for preferring that blue/white big cat other than you seem to enjoy things being different for the sake of being different?

Frankly, the Charlotte Bobcats logo reminds me more of the present BC Lions logo than the Tacoma Majestics logo that I used as an example of a better logo.

I think the BC lions could use an upgrade. I didn't say that for the sake of being different. I said it because I believe that the BC Lions logo is lame and on the same level as a junior high team logo. The "vintage" might have been impressive years ago but is certainly not even up to the quality of most Arena League teams. Tradition is on thing but a new logo would be a vast improvement for a league that survives only because the NFL allows it to exist. Time to improve the marketing and look of the CFL and the example I used is just to show a more modern approach to the profile of a puma/cougar/catamount.

Dude, around here, if your logo draws comparisons to the Bobcats, your logo is well and truly doomed.

Today, we are all otaku.

Dude, around here, if your logo draws comparisons to the Bobcats, your logo is well and truly doomed.

And rightfully so. A completely embarassing logo, probably one of the worst ones EVER introduced for a major sports franchise.

I'm no fan of the Bobcats logo....which is why I don't like the present BC logo.... to me it looks a whole lot more like the Bobcat logo. The "flared" look on bot the the BC and Bobcat logo is similar but colorwise and style-wise....I'm sorry, BC Lions logo and the C Bobcats logo are closer.

Archived