Tangerine bowl

slapshot

I caught a little bit of "CapitalOne? Bowl Week" tonight, and it was the Tangerine Bowl from beautiful Disney-fied Orlando. NC State had Tangerine Bowl patches on its jerseys, as shown here:

capt.fpac10312222352.tangerine_bowl_fpac103.jpg

The patch was covering up the Nike logo on the jerseys, except for the running back, who did not have a patch.

capt.fpac10612230028.tangerine_bowl_fpac106.jpg

Is this unusual? I know from refereeing that a team has to be fitted, well, uniformly, but unless that player had his shirt ripped or bloodied and this was a replacement, I can't figure out why he had no patch while the rest of the team wore theirs.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Patch or not, man, the Wolfpack smoked my J-Hawks! Of course they, like the KC Chefs have no defense, it's been a problem all year! :(

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I was at the game, I mentioned that to my buddy as we saw players on the video screen, I'm sure Mr. Knight and the Nike people weren't glad to see the almighty swoosh covered.  Good game though, lots of offense, just not enough defense for the Jayhawks.

Damn Philip Rivers(he would have got my heisman vote if i had one)

Rock Chalk,

Travis

rush.png

Clipboard03.jpg

I just saw the highlights and noticed Kansas looked different. How long have Kansas had dark blue uniroms and helmets I always thought they were light blue. I dont see teh Jayhawks football too often, but I thought they had teh same color as the basketball team.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Hey Tank,

A few years ago, they changed to Dark Blue - the football team has no ties to our wonderful Basketball program.  I believe the unis were changed to Dark Blue and the old style KU on the helmet was put on about 3 or 4 years ago, before Coach M (from OU Sooners) can in last year.

I like the new unis, I wish they had red jerseys for an alt. (ha ha ha) we might win like the BB team. :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

KU changed their uniforms last season (2002).  This is the second time in recent history that the chickenhawks have used the NY Giants setup as the basis for their uniform design.  In the mid to late 80's (86-89 I believe) KU used a uniform format that resebled the Giants, right down to the helmet decal (an underlined "KANSAS" in the same font as the Giants).  Naturally, as a MU grad and lifelong fan, I have an innate avarice to KU, however they have frequently had very nice looking football uniforms - the biggest exception being the set they used from 1990-2001.  I'm glad they got their uniforms back on track and sincerely hope this is a sign that their football program is back on its way to oblivion.

Archived