Happy fesitvus

NJTank

Its December 23rd the date of Frank Costanza's annual Festivus celbration.

So get out the metal pole, and start preparing your list of grivences, and pray me make it trough the test of strength.

:D

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

You'll all be happy to know I have made a substantial donation to The Human Fund in the name of the CCSLP Forum Members in honor of Festivus.  My employer, Kruger Industrial Smoothings has a matching program.

The Airiing of grivences begins with ESPN, can they plese stop calling something that happens over the weekedn the greatest moment ever!!!

They are declaring this weekends Saints game ending the craziest ever, did they ever hear of the Mircale in the Meadowlands or the Immaculate Recption, or the UNHOLLY ROLLER!!!!!!

and LeBron James is not the GREATEST rookie ever as ESPN has proclaimed, and this Kobe Case is NOT the trial of the century it is not even intersting and

THE A-ROD deal if it happens or not it IS NOT the biggest blockbuster ever not by a LONSHOT!!!!!

More greivnces to come

(Why do I feel like I opened Pandora's Box :P )

Oh well its in the spirit of Festivus

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

oh ESPN eh.......let's see.....

1. People who are not on the eastern seaboard, don't care about the A-Rod-Boston-Yankees crap. I'm sick of that dominating Sportcenter. They feel the need to go indepth on it. Let's ask "Baseball Expert" #1,000 his opinons on wether or not this trade will happen.

2. ABC MNF last night. I know Brett Favre's dad died, i am saddend by that like i would be with anyone. But did they have to mention it every other play? I realize that was a big deal for him to play, but 4 hours of it and i wanted to shoot my T.V.

3. Non Sport related......Paris Hilton is nasty. She's not hot and i don't care about her skank-ass.

Roll on Festivus...

one grievance...

HOCKEY IS NOT MADE IN AMERICA....it may be aired on thursdays, but it sure as hell ain't made in america! damn!

agreed their sure in the hell isn't a "Hockey Night in America", i think that ad campaign probably pisses off canadians. That or they just think of us as being even more arrogant.

one grievance...

HOCKEY IS NOT MADE IN AMERICA....it may be aired on thursdays, but it sure as hell ain't made in america! damn!

agreed their sure in the hell isn't a "Hockey Night in America", i think that ad campaign probably pisses off canadians. That or they just think of us as being even more arrogant.

It pisses me off and I'm American. ESPN shows one night of hockey, not even for the entire season. That in itself is bad enough, then you have the stupid commericals. And it's bad marketing. When you have a sport that you're struggling to sell, you promote the game's stars. You show what's so great about the game. You show things like Raycroft's (I think it was him) sprawling stick save from the other night and Datsyuk burning Turco. The plays that make you say "Holy Crap, how'd he do that?" They're not doing that, they're showcasing an actor pretending to be some kind of worker. Why would anyone who hadn't watched hockey before want to watch a game after seeing that commercial?

:angry:

I don't like those commercials much either, but Yzer, what they might be doin is trying to capitalize on Patriotism right now. I think that's wrong, but I do figure they have a reason behind it.

money?

Really? Money? I was thinking drugs!

I saw, I came, I left.

You're probably right, but if they're trying to capitalize on patriotism, they're about two years too late. Not saying it won't work at all now, just saying it would have worked better last season or the one before. It makes little sense for them to not have used this strategy last year but start using it this year. I'd think that the marketing people working for Disney/ABC/ESPN would realize they're jumping on the patriot bandwagon a little late and try to find their own angle.

It's kinda funny, though, to see them basically saying "Hockey is a sport for tough blue-collar Americans" now when it seems like ESPNBA has always taken a stance more like "Only those damn Canadians like hockey."

2. ABC MNF last night. I know Brett Favre's dad died, i am saddend by that like i would be with anyone. But did they have to mention it every other play? I realize that was a big deal for him to play, but 4 hours of it and i wanted to shoot my T.V.

Do you realize your first sentence contradicts your complaint? If you were sensitive to the situation, how could you expect them to talk about ANYTHING else? He's one of, if not, the best player to ever play the position, his dad died withing 24 hours of the game, he comes out and has a career game. Maybe my glasses are green and gold colored, but Ive missed but a handful of Favres game since he came in for Majik in 1992.  

Obviously you didn't have a vested interest in the game, so why not just change the channel?  I can't think of anything they could have talked about other then that anyway. The raiders are going nowhere, and the only other thing to talk about was the playoff senario, once more for the kazillionth time.

I will never forget last night. Brett Favre is a class act, and always will be. Players like him bring integrity back to a game where people actually spend more time practicing their endzone antics, then watching game film. He deserved to be talked about after every play in my opinion.

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

The "Hockey's made in America" commercials are funny. I know i'm Mr. HateCanada, but c'mon...

"Some people... they think hockey's made in Canada..."

Some, meaning all...

I have no real problems with ESPN... that Saints play is up there with the best ever, and Lebron... meh, we can live through it.. it ain't that big a deal...

I would love to air all of my angst over liberals, but i'll save that for the upcoming year. just remember to vote Bush in 2004...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I would love to air all of my angst over liberals, but i'll save that for the upcoming year. just remember to vote Bush in 2004...

If I had a vote I still wouldn't! :laugh:  

Remember guys, particularly you ones oin florida, vote ANY Democrat. (Unless Kucinich is on the ballot for the Natural Law Party, then just vote for the Democvratic Party candidate) :D

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Do you realize your first sentence contradicts your complaint? If you were sensitive to the situation, how could you expect them to talk about ANYTHING else? He's one of, if not, the best player to ever play the position, his dad died withing 24 hours of the game, he comes out and has a career game. Maybe my glasses are green and gold colored, but Ive missed but a handful of Favres game since he came in for Majik in 1992.

Obviously you didn't have a vested interest in the game, so why not just change the channel? I can't think of anything they could have talked about other then that anyway. The raiders are going nowhere, and the only other thing to talk about was the playoff senario, once more for the kazillionth time.

I will never forget last night. Brett Favre is a class act, and always will be. Players like him bring integrity back to a game where people actually spend more time practicing their endzone antics, then watching game film. He deserved to be talked about after every play in my opinion.

I hate the Packers. I think they get cheap calls, I think they are tacky and cheesy (Pardon the pun, SVP). I think the league favours them, and I hate cheese-hats. I hate the way John Madden mentions Brett in every freking play of every freking non-Packers game.

BUT, I was cheering for Brett Farve last night. He is a class act, and it kinda made my insides tingle to watch him have his best game of the season. I know how the guy feels, having dad/coach/best friend die. He really showed 'em how.

And those ESPN commericals are total horsesh-t. Canadians in the U.S. are probably one of their main audience on that night, and they insult them like that.

Tank, if you hate ESPN so much, why do you watch it?  Watch the Fox one.  Except for the Tom Arnold show, it's pretty good.

Hope the UN doesn't invade, American reactionaries. :P

Archived