The Super Curse will continue

DJSpeedy

Forget about the Cardinals, Bucs, and Dolphins winning the Super Bowl as those are the sites in 2008, 2009, and 2010. No team that has hosted the SB has played in it.

Now one could argue that the '85 SB was a "home" game for the 49ers since the game was played in Stanford Stadium, just 30 miles away from the Bay Area. However, the 49ers home field was Candlestick Park, and so this "theory" really doesn't hold water. :)

Of course, we all know how bad the Cards have been and aren't really a threat to make it to the playoffs, much less the SB, anytime soon.

The Dolphins appeared to be on the rebound, but with a new coach, may be on the rebuilding wagon for the next few years.

As for the Bucs - this season was a fluke. Gruden will turn it around and get Tampa back to winning, but won't get to the SB in the '08 season, sorry Bucs fans. :)

sig1.gif

Another curse that has lasted since 1974, no team with a white helmet has won a Super Bowl, in fact, very few white helmeted teams have even MADE it to the big game!

Super Bowls 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 had no white helmeted teams.

Super Bowl 17 had the Dolphins, who lost 27-17 to Washington.

Super Bowl 19 had the Dolphins, who lost 38-16 to San Francisco.

Super Bowl 20 had the Patriots (still with white helmets then) who lost 46-10 to Chicago.

Super Bowl 34 had the Titans lose 23-16 to the Rams.

Now the Colts this year are getting creamed 21-6 by New England (a former white helmet team)

Tampa Bay, a former white helmet team, changed colors, won it all.

It's a white helmet curse!!!! Run hide!!!!

Another curse that has lasted since 1974, no team with a white helmet has won a Super Bowl, in fact, very few white helmeted teams have even MADE it to the big game!

Super Bowl 20 had the Patriots (still with white helmets then) who lost 46-10 to Chicago.

Now the Colts this year are getting creamed 21-6 by New England (a former white helmet team)

who has the time to reazlize this?!?!?!

That's pretty weird. So there goes the Colt's chances (if they make), The Bears win, don't even play the game we know the outcome. If the Patriots get to the Super Bowl though you have yourself a completely different story

Yeah, we all know that the reason they will not win the Super Bowl is because they are the host city. Or have a white helmet. Those are the REAL reasons. Not the fact that it is difficult to make the playoffs, let alone be the only team to win the Super Bowl.

Yeah, we all know that the reason they will not win the Super Bowl is because they are the host city. Or have a white helmet. Those are the REAL reasons. Not the fact that it is difficult to make the playoffs, let alone be the only team to win the Super Bowl.

Of course

who has the time to reazlize this?!?!?!

Maybe you spend too much time searching for Sasquatch to understand the point of this board.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

[Maybe you spend too much time searching for Sasquatch to understand the point of this board.

You'd be searching for Sasquatch if he took your radio too... :therock:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

If I remember right, this is the first time both home teams won the Conference Championships.

Um... since when? The last time was in 1996 (New England and Green Bay both won as home teams).

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Hence: "If I remember right." I didn't say I had good memory, I've just heard it thrown around by a couple of people.

No need to attack.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking; I looked it up, as well. My initial inclination was that that would be all but impossible, however - it's a little better than a 1 in 4 chance that both home teams would win, and given that the conference championships have now been played 41 times...

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived