AHL Lake Erie Monsters

Burning River

Next thing you know he's gonna sell naming rights to the trophies for corporations. So, we may have the Dodge President's trophy, the Pepsi Vezina award and the Stanley Tools Cup. I can't stand Bettman and the dislike is growing stronger every day.

Talk about baseless conjecture and blatant overreaction. :rolleyes:

True, but better he do it here than in a silly place like Sports In General or the Lounge.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

threw this down real quick. when i heard about the name, i kind of had this idea in my head to go retro campy with it ... branding the team in the kind of retro fashion of 'The Incredibles' or 'Monsters Inc' ... so I came up with this:

id_01.jpg

threw this down real quick. when i heard about the name, i kind of had this idea in my head to go retro campy with it ... branding the team in the kind of retro fashion of 'The Incredibles' or 'Monsters Inc' ... so I came up with this:

id_01.jpg

Very cool.

From theahl.com:

lem07_250.jpglem07_secondary_150.jpg

I'm not feeling the logos much, to be honest.

The home jersey will be white with wine shoulders and black trim segments on the arm sleeves and will feature the secondary ?M? logo on the front. The road jersey will be wine with black and white trim segments on the arm sleeves. Both home and road jerseys will have the Monster from the primary logo on each shoulder. Player numbers will appear on each shoulder sleeve and on the back of each jersey.

For an AHL team, it's a good logo.

Logos: Overall, I like them. I agree with the "puddle monsters" sentiment though. I'm glad it's not going on the front of the jersey.

I dig the "M" quite a bit, but I don't like that puck flying Superman-like around it. Something like a blue wave would have looked much better down there. You still could have included the puck, even... just being carried on a wave.

Uniforms: I'm not as keen on the unis. The colors are good, but I don't like the black piping or the shape of the "wine" colored sleeve parts.

I tend to prefer opposite colors in light/dark uniform sets; if arm stripes are dark on the white jersey, for example, they should be white on the dark jersey. That's what I don't like about the current Minnesota Wild dark unis.

id_01.jpg

Very nice concept. Just one thing I'm not crazy about... the colors. Too drab. They remind me of phlegm and that ain't good! Get some nice bold colors in there and you have a winner. (IMHO of course) Maybe blue and green, ala the Hartford Whalers (before they darkened the blue and added silver).

Next thing you know he's gonna sell naming rights to the trophies for corporations. So, we may have the Dodge President's trophy, the Pepsi Vezina award and the Stanley Tools Cup. I can't stand Bettman and the dislike is growing stronger every day.

Talk about baseless conjecture and blatant overreaction. :rolleyes:

True, but better he do it here than in a silly place like Sports In General or the Lounge.

Sorry, just vented some aggrevation that's all. I got my first upclose look at the new jerseys and I still don't like 'em. I love the tradition in hockey and I wish they would bring back the old conference and division names. It always felt as though it paid tribute to those who founded hockey and making it a passion for many of us now. Why does hockey need to be like every other sport in North America. Baseball went through all the spaceage unis and stadiums and realized it lost touch with the past and it's history. Now what are the baseball teams doing, uniforms that go back to the traditional uniforms and new old time looking ballparks. Why do they need to mess with the jerseys for 9%less drag. Leave hockey be, Bettman. :hockeysmiley:

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

I saw a copy of a "Newspaper" from the Press Conference. Here are the Jersey concepts.

LEM.jpg

Nick Logo, but not likeing the choice for primary color on the jerseys, i was hopeing a blue primary and black/yellow, serving as secondary and the other one as a accent, does red even show up in the primary logo??? if not that red just blindsides me

Here's the large version of thier logos:

LakeErie_Monsters.gif

LakeErieMonsters_M.gif

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

KCSCout76..where did ya get that large logo versions of the Lake erie Monsters? cool looks to that...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Archived