AHL Lake Erie Monsters

Burning River

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they wanted bodies of water, Cuyahoga Blaze or Cuyahoga Inferno should have been a front runner.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So, maybe I'm misreading something, but if the monster head is going on the shoulders, what is going on the chest? the M/puck?

Yes. The secondary logo featuring a stylized "M" is set to be used on at least the home uniform. Further, the monster from the primary logo is set to be used as a shoulder device on both the home and road jerseys.

All of that said, they did a very solid job creating a logo package for this identity. I still feel that the team name leaves a great deal to be desired, but they've come up with a winning logo for the name. I particularly like how they've effectively managed to create a primary logo that leaves an air of mystery surrounding the mascot creature's exact form. Given that a benchmark of so-called "eyewitness accounts" of lake creature sightings is that said creatures are rarely completely seen, choosing to only partially reveal the creature was something of a master-stroke.

I like the idea but think the execution is subpar.... the thin lines... the name looks tacked to the bottom rather than "being one" with the logo.... The eyes are rendered well... the rest is average and disappointing to be frank.

I dunno.... the potential was so great with this name and they turned out an average at best logo.

I like the idea but think the execution is subpar.... the thin lines... the name looks tacked to the bottom rather than "being one" with the logo.... The eyes are rendered well... the rest is average and disappointing to be frank.

I dunno.... the potential was so great with this name and they turned out an average at best logo.

I agree. Had good potential but it was poorly done. It looks a lot like a type of Japanese animation you would see in comic books or in today's cartoons. This is reflected in the eyes of the "monster" and the edge of the water pool. Thin lines and a poor wordmark. It could have been better but it isn't terrible.

I thought the Lowell Devils were the Worcester Ice Cats?

No, the Worcester Ice Cats moved to Peoria and became the Rivermen. Lowell Devils used to be the Lock Monsters but New Jersey bought them and took all their prospects out of Albany. When Cleveland Barons folded they moved to Worcester and became the Sharks. :hockeysmiley:

As far as the uniforms go if they have RBK Edge unis does this mean that all the AHL clubs will be getting new unis. I hope not the Wolves have a great uniforms and I would hate to see it change. I really never liked Bettman, he's a baketball guy if I remember and he is screwing with a great sport and the traditions that are with it. Next thing you know he's gonna sell naming rights to the trophies for corporations. So, we may have the Dodge President's trophy, the Pepsi Vezina award and the Stanley Tools Cup. I can't stand Bettman and the dislike is growing stronger every day.

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Yick. Piping. And what's with the black hem stripe on the front, and nothing on the back?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yick. Piping. And what's with the black hem stripe on the front, and nothing on the back?

I think that's more to denote the back of the jersey itself, not necessarily any type of striping.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I don't care for it, and the "Lake Erie" designation is inferior to Cleveland. Chicago teams aren't Lake Michigan teams. Oh well, another hockey team to fail in Cleveland.

Next thing you know he's gonna sell naming rights to the trophies for corporations. So, we may have the Dodge President's trophy, the Pepsi Vezina award and the Stanley Tools Cup. I can't stand Bettman and the dislike is growing stronger every day.

Three words: Avco World Trophy

Archived