My Radical NHL Reaignment

Bronxmet

And how can you split up the Original Six, or provincial rivals like Calgary-Edmonton? This isn't like baseball or football, where two leagues came together, and all these rivalries were already established. Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit, St. Louis, and Toronto are meant to form a division. Come on.

There are three Original Six squads in two divisions (but in different conferences) so one conference doesn't complain about the other having all of the historical teams.

Calgary and Edmonton are INTERLEAGUE rivals. Since they are both in the Western divisions of each conference, they still play each other 4 times as if they were in the same division. Besides, the Flames are in the same conference as their old city, Atlanta.

Speaking of that, I will swap Winnipeg and St. Louis so the Jets can be in the same conference as the Coyotes and the Blues will be in NC North with Chicago, Toronto and Detroit.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And how can you split up the Original Six, or provincial rivals like Calgary-Edmonton? This isn't like baseball or football, where two leagues came together, and all these rivalries were already established. Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit, St. Louis, and Toronto are meant to form a division. Come on.

There are three Original Six squads in two divisions (but in different conferences) so one conference doesn't complain about the other having all of the historical teams.

Calgary and Edmonton are INTERLEAGUE rivals. Since they are both in the Western divisions of each conference, they still play each other 4 times as if they were in the same division. Besides, the Flames are in the same conference as their old city, Atlanta.

Speaking of that, I will swap Winnipeg and St. Louis so the Jets can be in the same conference as the Coyotes and the Blues will be in NC North with Chicago, Toronto and Detroit.

Because the people of Atlanta feel such a huge grudge against the people of Calgary... :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I just made a realignment without expansion (the following may not make geographic sense)

Wales

East: Boston, Rangers, Habs, Philly, Devils

Central: St Louis, Ottawa, Chicago, Detroit, Toronto

West: LA, San Jose, Colorado, Vancouver, Phoenix

Campbell

East: Buffalo, Isles, Pittsburgh, Washington, Carolina

Central: Columbus, Atlanta, Florida, Tampa Bay, Nashville

West: Anaheim, Calgary, Edmonton, Dallas, Minnesota

Season: 82 games

Play each team in your division 8 times (32 games)

Play each team outside division 2 times (50 games)

Advantages

Boston and St. Louis will generate a rivalry since many Boston sports teams broke championship droughts by defeating St Louis clubs

Relocated teams will be in the same conference as teams in their old cities.

All Original Six squads would be in the Wales Conference.

Fans get to see all teams in their venues at least twice a year.

Rivalries (Rangers/Flyers, Habs/Bruins, Blues/BHawks, Flames/Oilers, Sens/Leafs, Leafs/Red wings) will remain intact.

Disadvantages

Minnesota and Dallas fans would have to see games at later starting times

You made sure Flyers-Rangers rivalry remains in tact but not Rangers-Islanders? The Rangers are bigger rivals with Islanders than the Flyers. If you are going to keep the 3 division format keep the divisions the same, they are about as perfect as you can get with them.

As for the schedule format, as the playoffs are conferenced based you have to play team in your own conference more than the other conference.

You made sure Flyers-Rangers rivalry remains in tact but not Rangers-Islanders? The Rangers are bigger rivals with Islanders than the Flyers. If you are going to keep the 3 division format keep the divisions the same, they are about as perfect as you can get with them.

As for the schedule format, as the playoffs are conferenced based you have to play team in your own conference more than the other conference.

This realignment makes sure that both Islanders and Rangers could get different fans. If you want to see the original six, you see the rangers. But you go to Long Island if you want to see the Oilers.

You forgot Tampa Bay. :P

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

In order to make all fans happy,

I dont mean to sound like a jerk, but if you name a conference "The American Conference", you will most certainly NOT make all fans happy. If I was Canadian, I would take that as a HUGE slap to the face.

Well, if you are Canadian, you are American because you were born in a continent called America.

South Americans often call themselves as "Americans" because South America is in the Americas.

If I read that the Toronto Blue Jays are in the American League (MLB), it made me some sense because Toronto is an American city, not Asian or European city. When the Expos were in the National League, that was incongruous.

Switzerland isn't in the European Union but I'm an European citizen because my country is in the European continent.

I understand what you're saying, you are right and I've tried making your point a million times before, but in reality in North America the term "American" refers to the United States or US citizens.

I know perfectly that, Chris, but I made the point for Wilson. Canadians like you wouldn't get angry because some of your teams will be in an "American" league in some sports.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Split the Flames and Oilers up into seperate conferences? Are you high?

Not exactly what I thought--but close enough--same goes for the Canucks being split off from the Flames...

And the Devils being split from the Rangers

and the penguins from the flyers

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

I hope this scaled-down proposal can satisfy everyone

So we do this if there is a 2-team expansion

Wales

Vezina (southeast): Florida, Nashville, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Carolina

Patrick (atlantic): Washington, Philly, NJ, 2 New York squads, Pittsburgh

Adams (northeast): Boston, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Buffalo

Campbell

Norris (Central): Columbus, Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, Toronto, Ottawa

Clancy (Midwest): Winnipeg (expansion), Minnesota, Colorado, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston (expansion)

Smythe (Pacific): Vancouver, LA, San Jose, Anaheim, Calgary, Edmonton

I know my radical realignments don't satisfy everyone. As for the NBA, that's another story.

Advantages

The Campbell conference is restructured into Central, Midwest, and Pacific divisions so certain fans (i.e. Dallas and Minnesota) wouldn't have to see games at later starting times.

In addition, the Winnipeg expansion team is in the same division with the old Jets (a.k.a. Los Coyotes) so Winnipeg fans can show hatred towards the relocated team.

As for the season, it would have 77 games (3 against teams in your conference, 2 against the other conference's squads).

In order to make all fans happy,

I dont mean to sound like a jerk, but if you name a conference "The American Conference", you will most certainly NOT make all fans happy. If I was Canadian, I would take that as a HUGE slap to the face.

Well, if you are Canadian, you are American because you were born in a continent called America.

South Americans often call themselves as "Americans" because South America is in the Americas.

If I read that the Toronto Blue Jays are in the American League (MLB), it made me some sense because Toronto is an American city, not Asian or European city. When the Expos were in the National League, that was incongruous.

Switzerland isn't in the European Union but I'm an European citizen because my country is in the European continent.

I understand what you're saying, you are right and I've tried making your point a million times before, but in reality in North America the term "American" refers to the United States or US citizens.

I know perfectly that, Chris, but I made the point for Wilson. Canadians like you wouldn't get angry because some of your teams will be in an "American" league in some sports.

Of course I know all North Americans are "Americans", i'm not stupid. Technicalties aside, its just not said that way. Canadians, Americans, Mexicans, thats just how it is like it or not.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Wales

Campbell

Clancy (Midwest): Winnipeg, Minnesota, Colorado, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston

I know my radical realignments don't satisfy everyone.

Least of all those of us who are wondering why the Maple Leafs and Senators have to play split-squad games.

Wales

Campbell

Least of all those of us who are wondering why the Maple Leafs and Senators have to play split-squad games.

I think they could manage. :)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Wales

Campbell

My bad, I'll resolve this now.

Wales

Midsouth: Dallas, Houston, Nashville, Atlanta

Southeast: Florida, Tampa Bay, Washington, Carolina

Atlantic: Philly, NJ, 2 New York teams

Northeast: Boston, Montreal, Buffalo, Pittsburgh

Campbell

Central: Detroit, Toronto, Ottawa, Columbus

Midwest: Chicago, St. Louis, Winnipeg, Minnesota

Northwest: Colorado, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

Pacific: Phoenix, Anaheim, LA, San Jose

The biggest problem is the separation of the Ontario squads to Les Habs. But Buffalo and Pittsburgh will not like it if they are in a different conference towards their fellow eastern state teams. I'll find out how do I split up the season.

If no one likes that, there is a Plan B (6-divisions)

Wales

Same lineups as current east, but add Nashville to the Southeast

Campbell

Central: Columbus, Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, Minnesota

Midwest: Houston, Winnipeg, Colorado, Phoenix, Dallas

Pacific: Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Jose, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton

Wales

Campbell

I think they could manage. :)

It could be the only way the Leafs win the season series against the Sens, mind you.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived