Niiiiice.

Fred T. Jane

Because their only other claim to fame/relevance is a large number of rusting and not-so-rusting rockets at Baikonur Cosmodrome.

And those don't even belong to them. :P

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

They also have Pushkarev as an option for international play in the future, they also have Kolesnik, a former NHL goalie.

And if he wouldn't be a punk*, they'd be set in goal with Nabokov too. but noooooooo. <_<

*OK, sure, his family is Russian and all, and considers himself Russian, but come on, you'd be a national hero! ;)

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Pushkarev play for the Kazahkstan World Junior team? Or did I misunderstand what you said?

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Pushkarev play for the Kazahkstan World Junior team? Or did I misunderstand what you said?

I was talking about Nabokov and his awkward international status (until 2005, that is).

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Nevermind...

I was talking about Nabokov and his awkward international status (until 2005, that is).

Yeah, I was not exactly sure what you were talking about.

After a certain year will players born in the surrounding areas of Russia, like Kaszahkstan, be allowed to play for Russia and not their actual nationality? If that is what is going on now...anyways.

After a certain year will players born in the surrounding areas of Russia, like Kaszahkstan, be allowed to play for Russia and not their actual nationality? If that is what is going on now...anyways.

Not really,

With the dissolution of the Soviet Union, players who were born in what were then Soviet SSRs had the choice between playing for Russia or the new republics. Nabokov, who is of Russian descent, played in a single World Championship for Kazakhstan in 1994, which made him a Kazakh in the eyes of the IIHF, despite him having Russian citizenship the entire time. He fought to change his status for 7+ years, and finally got it changed in 2005. The Turin Olympics was the first tournament he actually played for Russia, having passed on the 2005 Worlds.

Not really,

With the dissolution of the Soviet Union, players who were born in what were then Soviet SSRs had the choice between playing for Russia or the new republics. Nabokov, who is of Russian descent, played in a single World Championship for Kazakhstan in 1994, which made him a Kazakh in the eyes of the IIHF, despite him having Russian citizenship the entire time. He fought to change his status for 7+ years, and finally got it changed in 2005. The Turin Olympics was the first tournament he actually played for Russia, having passed on the 2005 Worlds.

What I asked is if Kazahkstani born players will be able to play for the Russian team in the near future when players are not born in the USSR anymore.

What I asked is if Kazahkstani born players will be able to play for the Russian team in the near future when players are not born in the USSR anymore.

Oh, sorry for the long post that meant nothing in the end... ;)

The answer to that is yes, provided they have Russian citizenship and have never played for their country of birth, like Brett Hull, for example.

The Kazakhs lost in the final by the way.

Sorry, Borat. :cry:

Atleast they didn't lose to those :censored: Uzbeks!

It is not quite over yet for them, if the first tiebreaker is goal differential.

tiebreaker? I thought Japan won all it's games.

It is not quite over yet for them, if the first tiebreaker is goal differential.

If Japan loses to China, and Kazakhstan beats South Korea, it's possible that Kazakhstan gets the gold on goal differential.

LvZYtbZ.png

If Japan loses to China, and Kazakhstan beats South Korea, it's possible that Kazakhstan gets the gold on goal differential.

Ah. Well, I can't see Japan falling to China. I think they have it in the bag.

Archived