BASEBALL!

FiddySicks

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a Cubs fan, so naturally, I dread the advent of opening day.

Thats alright Lammy, the Cubs are usually pretty good at the beginning of the season; only to fade away.

As far as the Reds go, they should have went for another big name pitcher. They are only marginally improved over last year, and with all the pickups the other clubs in the central made, I don't know how they will stack up.

I'm a Cubs fan, so naturally, I dread the advent of opening day.

Opening Day is like the one good day of the year for us. 2005 and 2006, Cubs blew out Arizona and Cincinnati only to not make it out of April alive.

As a Red Sox fan, I can't wait until Opening Day! I'm really optimistic when it comes to the 2007 season.

Obviously, the big news for the 2007 season for the Red Sox has been the aquisition of Daisuke Matsuzaka. I don't see a Cy Young-calibur season out of Dice-K, but I don't see something too terrible either. Maybe go 13-6 with a 3.50 ERA. 2007 will defintely be an adjusting season for Dice-K. Getting to know American hitters, communicating with Varitek, etc.

The bullpen is improved greatly this year as well! Although they don't have a legit closer, they defintely have candidates. Mike Timlin, Craig Hansen, JC Romero, Brendan Donnelly and Manny Delcarmen, just to name a few. Donnelly is probably the relief pitcher that I was most excitied about when I heard they aquired him. I think he'll have a very decent season.

As for the lineup, I have mixed fealings about it. As much as I miss Trot Nixon, I think JD Drew will do alright in RF this season. The pressure might get to him the first couple weeks or so, but after that, I think he'll do a good job. I'm hoping for at least 20 HRs and around 90 RBIs. Would like to see him the #6 spot after Ortiz, Manny and Lowell.

As for new shortstop Julio Lugo, I think that if he doesn't have a good defensive season, he'll be gone by the 2008 season. Since Nomar left, the Red Sox have had a thing for getting rid of defense for offense and offense for defense at the shortstop position.

Overall, I see a 96 win season out of the Red Sox and the Division is defintely up for grabs. I think the Blue Jays and Red Sox, overall, have gotten better, and the Yankees have gotten slightly weaker. 2007 will be interesting for all 3 clubs.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Now that Fantasy Baseball has started, here's my current roster:

C: McCann (ATL), Mauer(MIN)

1B: Garciaparra (LAD), Youkilis (BOS) (Also 3B & OF)

2B: Figgins (ANA) (Also 3B & OF), Polanco (DET)

3B: Zimmerman (WSH), Inge (DET)

SS: Drew (ARZ)

OF: Delmon Young (TB), Cameron (SD), Francoeur (ATL), Hawpe (COL)

UTIL: Thomas (TOR)

SP: Smoltz (ATL), Matsuzaka (BOS), Myers (PHI), Westbrook (CLE)

RP: Wickman (ATL), Street (OAK), Dempster (CHC)

Naturally, I'm a little leery on Young and Drew, since they haven't played much, and Matsuzaka is an MLB unknown, so if any D-Rays and D-Backs fans want to fill me in on Young and Drew, respectively, that'd be great.

I'm trying to use Frank Thomas as trade bait, but his only use is DH/UTIL and really limits my roster usage.

Archived