Kevin Harvick Wins Daytona 500

TFoA

I was pulling for Martin there at the end, but you got to hand it to Harvick for coming from nowhere over the course of that last lap. The 07 Jim Beam car crosses the finish line upside down and on fire, absolutely amazing.

Sacker12 pretty much made my point for me on that there,as for the race,i was reluctantly relieved that Harvick crossed the line 1st because i would've been sick if Martin won because he was a long time Ford guy that jumped ship to Chevy. :puke:

[Grouchy Sumrf voice] I HATE CHEVROLET.

Ironically Jim Beam has caused many cars to ride like that :D

Sorry had to say it

Actually, the 07 is the Jack Daniel's car, but I got your point.

D'oh well Jack does it too

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I was pulling for Martin there at the end, but you got to hand it to Harvick for coming from nowhere over the course of that last lap. The 07 Jim Beam car crosses the finish line upside down and on fire, absolutely amazing.

You and Tank should have your "Man-Cards" taken away.

No self-respecting alcohol drinker would confuse Jim and Jack.

You and Tank should have your "Man-Cards" taken away.

No self-respecting alcohol drinker would confuse Jim and Jack.

Well Twi said the Jim Beam 07 car was on fire I responded to that

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Today's finish was wild but this is the Wildest finish ever

I gotta agree with Tank on this.

There was another wild finish in Darlington a few backs when Ricky Craven beat out Kurt Busch

by a nose. Today's finish was good, but nowhere near the best of all time.

Don't forget Atlanta in 2001 when Kevin Harvick beat Jeff Gordon by 6/1000's of a second for his first Cup win. That was awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWK2brC01Dw

"Somewhere up there, Dale is smiling."

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

Ironically Jim Beam has caused many cars to ride like that :D

Sorry had to say it

Actually, the 07 is the Jack Daniel's car, but I got your point.

That fancy font on the 07 made it look like #20 upside down!

I wanted Tony Stewart to win and when it got down to the end I really, really wanted Mark Martin to win, not only for himself but the small team he now races for, but it was a crazy memorable finish and at least that weinerhead Kurt Busch didn't win.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Today's finish was wild but this is the Wildest finish ever

I gotta agree with Tank on this.

There was another wild finish in Darlington a few backs when Ricky Craven beat out Kurt Busch

by a nose. Today's finish was good, but nowhere near the best of all time.

Don't forget Atlanta in 2001 when Kevin Harvick beat Jeff Gordon by 6/1000's of a second for his first Cup win. That was awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWK2brC01Dw

"Somewhere up there, Dale is smiling."

I still remember seeing that. That was when I decided to really become a Harvick fan. After Dale Sr. died, I was torn between Dale Jr., Harvick, and even Jeff Gordon.

I think the reason why they didn't throw the caution in the end was because the accident happened behind the leader, and that it was so close to the finish line. If the incident had occurred further from the finish, the caution probably would have been thrown.

That logic treats the caution as if it's only for the leaders, but it's for the whole field. The yellow flag should have come out as if it was any other (earlier) lap. Whoever was ahead at that moment should have won.

BTW, you guys see that pit crew member get tagged? Looked like it crushed his ankle though that might just have been the camera angle.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived