Royal Flush Franchise

HatManTC

Cool concept, but lends itself more to t-shirts than to hats.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm not a fan of baseball hats for baseball teams other than some design that is similar to what they actually wear on the field. IE I don't mind the franchise hat with wahoo on it, but not a fan of this design.

so what you're saying is you dont like any type of creativity at all.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

your thoughts?

You asked for my thoughts, I shared them. If you didn't want my thoughts on this design then don't ask for it. :-)

As to your assesment of my creativity, I feel that I am very creative. I am lefthanded and right brained and I like the Iowa banana peels. I design my own avatars, signatures, and wallpapers, logos and uniform sets. I have commercially designed ticket stock, soccer tourney logos, many t-shirt designs, and I do web layout as well as print layout and design.

I do not like khaki coloured long-billed caps that belong on the top of some hiker's head. I am a traditionalist, but that shouldn't disqualify me from being creative. I just feel a baseball cap for a baseball team is what it is- a good baseball cap shouldn't need a fashion design to look good. All of my hats for baseball teams are either cooperstown collection old hats or franchise of the current logo design.

Now if this was a football line or something I would entertain it. I just don't like basesball caps that get away from the baseball cap design. I like a Browns cap that has the elf or a script on it or even one that looked like these vegas signs. I do not like a Tribe hat that has the script Indians on it.

So there. :-)

fade.gif

your thoughts?

I do not like khaki coloured long-billed caps that belong on the top of some hiker's head. .

I do not like a Tribe hat that has the script Indians on it.

see things we agree on. i hate the "J" i mean "I"

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Twins always comes up with innovative ideas. You can like it or dislike it, but it's different.

Love the way a Twins cap fits too. I have at least 10 of them--they are the best (at least for my round melon).

Bring back the Whale!

OMG, I hope it is just coincidence and not them ripping off my lapel pin designs. But they look pretty similar to the concept designs that I did late last year for the leagues. I don't have the design at home but when I get back to work tomorrow I'll post them and let you guys decide.

I'm not a hat guy but, I think the only people who would like these are people that actually go to Vegas. Or people that have never seen that sign before. Are these going to be next?

neon-cowgirl-sign-las-vegas.jpg

smokingcowboy.jpg

I have the same opinion as iowahoo.

But... they wouldn't make them if there wasn't a buck to be made

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

Now, now. No need to belittle his opinion.

He's not one for "fashion" caps. That's okay.

i wasnt being snide. i was just stateing, thats what he's basically saying.

No. that's not what he was stating. He said he doesn't like fashion logos, that he prefers on-field logos. That in no way means that he doesn't "like any type of creativity at all".

Ok here is the design I did last year for the corporate meetings which every MLB licensed company attends. So I am sure a representative of the company had to have been there. And just so everybody knows the pink, yellow and, cream colors are glow in the dark enamel paint.

PadresVegasPin.gif

The only reason I did this is beacuse the previous year I did a poker chip for a bunch of teams that flew of the shelves. And for some reason there is a lot of requests for glowing pins.

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

You may have a legitimate beef here. Did you sign a work for hire when you did your pins?

Nope, we are expected by the leagues to do a sheet of about 30 to 40 different concept designs for every team to show our new product at these anual meetings. We basically give the concepts to our sales people that set up booths at the meetings. Usually purchasing agents from each team go around to the different manufacturers and place orders for the product they want to sell at concessionaire stands during games.

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

If you were hired as an outside designer to design something and you do not sign your rights away (usually in the form of a WFH), then in some cases you may have a right to your designs and the money that's made off of them. I'm not sure who you are representing, who you work for or what terms you agreed to in designing this stuff. There are probably a lot more technical aspects to this, and I am in no way a lawyer. However it might be worth looking into if you truly feel ripped off. It seems to me like this concept could have been based off of your work.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived