New Gamecock Under Armor Jerseys Revealed

tron1013

I understand and am aware of all of that. But you, like many many other Clemson fans at this point and time, are TIGHTLY holding on to your past because at this moment...

Um... OK I'm fairly impartial towards both teams but the past does have importance. That's why the Yankees and Cardinals have more prestige than the Devil Rays or the Rockies. It's also why people brag about their team winning a championship. Clemson has far more prestige than South Carolina. Get over it.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Florida Gator fan who now lives happily married to a girl born and raised in Columbia, SC, I think I am qualified to make the following statements (as a non-Gamecock fan, but a Spurrier fan):

1. The Gamecocks look best in the white helmets, which they need to stick with permanently. The black helmets are just goofy with a garnet and black logo on them.

2. I hope this jersey change sticks for a while - it's the best one I've seen lately. I don't know why they don't stick with the garnet jersies at home (with white pants) and the corresponding white with garnet pants on the road. The black isn't even a primary color. And every time they wear them, I cringe.

3. As for the rivalry, SC fans have a huge problem. They show up and pack the stadium for home games and cheer so loud it sometimes hurts (I say this because my wife often yells loudly at the TV when we watch the games since we can't be at the stadium), but then they all check out after the third quarter when they are behind and most likely going to lose. Gamecocks need to learn a think or two from the ol' ball coach - that they have to stay in the seats until the last second ticks off the clock. He never gives up on a game and neither should they. Until the culture at the stadium changes, nobody is going to respect them. Even now with Spurrier they are picked 4th or 5th in the SEC East in every pre-season football poll of the writers... Spurrier is trying his best to change that, but as he's proved, it takes a while to recover and try to win with Lou Holt's players. That being said, look out FL, TN, and GA, - SC just might win the SEC east this year. Seriously. All depends on 2 things: 1 - good QB play & 2 - good defense - they seem to have plenty of WR and RB, just need to use them effectively.

4. In the what have you done for me lately category, I believe SC beat Clemson in 2006.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I understand and am aware of all of that. But you, like many many other Clemson fans at this point and time, are TIGHTLY holding on to your past because at this moment...

Um... OK I'm fairly impartial towards both teams but the past does have importance. That's why the Yankees and Cardinals have more prestige than the Devil Rays or the Rockies. It's also why people brag about their team winning a championship. Clemson has far more prestige than South Carolina. Get over it.

You missed the point. Prestige and history DOES NOT PRODUCE WINS. I typed that big for you this time so you wouldn't miss it.

You missed the point. Prestige and history DOES NOT PRODUCE WINS. I typed that big for you this time so you wouldn't miss it.

Now you sound like a retard. If we are talking about producing wins, then Clemson has PRODUCED MORE WINS THAN SC, MORE CONFERENCE TITLES THAN SC AND A NATIONAL TITLE. By the way, the future, and things that have not happened yet don't produce wins either.

First off, do I sense some sarcasm in the last sentence? :P

Second, seeing as how the 2007 season hasn't yet started, the recent history carries more weight than things that HAVEN'T HAPPENED YET. Currently SC and Clemson have the same record as Yale. The future is hard to predict (Example: people saying the Dolphins were gonna play in SB XLI). SC might end up winning the SEC or they might have a worse record than Canisius.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

First off, do I sense some sarcasm in the last sentence? :P

Second, seeing as how the 2007 season hasn't yet started, the recent history carries more weight than things that HAVEN'T HAPPENED YET. Currently SC and Clemson have the same record as Yale. The future is hard to predict (Example: people saying the Dolphins were gonna play in SB XLI). SC might end up winning the SEC or they might have a worse record than Canisius.

If every season went according to SC fans' predictions, they would be the greatest team in the history of college football.

Good Lord, this thread is turning ugly.

As a Florida Gator fan who now lives happily married to a girl born and raised in Columbia, SC, I think I am qualified to make the following statements (as a non-Gamecock fan, but a Spurrier fan):

1. The Gamecocks look best in the white helmets, which they need to stick with permanently. The black helmets are just goofy with a garnet and black logo on them.

2. I hope this jersey change sticks for a while - it's the best one I've seen lately. I don't know why they don't stick with the garnet jersies at home (with white pants) and the corresponding white with garnet pants on the road. The black isn't even a primary color. And every time they wear them, I cringe.

3. As for the rivalry, SC fans have a huge problem. They show up and pack the stadium for home games and cheer so loud it sometimes hurts (I say this because my wife often yells loudly at the TV when we watch the games since we can't be at the stadium), but then they all check out after the third quarter when they are behind and most likely going to lose. Gamecocks need to learn a think or two from the ol' ball coach - that they have to stay in the seats until the last second ticks off the clock. He never gives up on a game and neither should they. Until the culture at the stadium changes, nobody is going to respect them. Even now with Spurrier they are picked 4th or 5th in the SEC East in every pre-season football poll of the writers... Spurrier is trying his best to change that, but as he's proved, it takes a while to recover and try to win with Lou Holt's players. That being said, look out FL, TN, and GA, - SC just might win the SEC east this year. Seriously. All depends on 2 things: 1 - good QB play & 2 - good defense - they seem to have plenty of WR and RB, just need to use them effectively.

4. In the what have you done for me lately category, I believe SC beat Clemson in 2006.

Absolutely agree with you on all points, except for the black jerseys. They look cool, but everytime we wear them at home, or they "black out" Williams-Brice Stadium, Carolina just gets stomped on.

Not justifying the fact that fans clear out the stadium early, but this past season was a bizarre one at home. Blowouts in a pair of non-league wins (go figure, Wofford pushed us to the brink, while the Sun Belt teams rolled over), and losses in every SEC game.

Now you sound like a retard. If we are talking about producing wins, then Clemson has PRODUCED MORE WINS THAN SC, MORE CONFERENCE TITLES THAN SC AND A NATIONAL TITLE. By the way, the future, and things that have not happened yet don't produce wins either.

Sheesh, you just won't get it will you? Do I have to restate every point I've made inside of every post I make so it is cumulative and clear? Let's try this again: Prestige and history DOES NOT PRODUCE WINS for a PRESENT or FUTURE football game. Your national championship 30 years ago and your last conference championship 20 years ago doesn't mean JACK $H!T in 2007 and beyond. Please let go of your past. You are like an obsessed ex-girlfriend that just won't go away.

Wow, I guess I don't get it then. I guess I just don't get how a team that has more wins against the other (27 in fact), more championships and more conference titles is still somehow on level ground with a team that has done none of that. Maybe if I were completely delerious (like most SC fans are) I might get your points but you are still making absolutely zero sense. Maybe I'm the only one who has no idea what your point is, and if I'm wrong, someone please let me know. What is your point? That you guys might be good in two years? Three years?

So please let ME try and explain this one more time:

A National Championship 25 years ago (it was in 1981, not 1977) is better than no championship. 13 conference titles is 13 conference titles, whether they are 20 years ago or last year. They don't just go away. No one else in ACC history has that many titles to date. The fact of the matter is SC has won one conference title (in a conference they are no longer in) in over 100 years of existence. ONE! Clemson has almost 30 more wins in the head-to-head series.

The Yankees 26 titles doesn't just go away. There is a reason the Yankees are considered one of the greatest sports franchises in sports history, wins and championships. There is a reason the Tampa Bay Devil Rays are not, because they have done nothing.

And by the way, predictions and hype don't mean anything either, in fact they mean much less, in fact they mean nothing. In your eyes, if I say that my team is going to be a national title contender in the coming years, they all of a sudden have gained credibility as a legitimate football team. Baylor can do the same thing, doesn't mean they'll be in the Sugar Bowl this year. Sorry to keep beating adead horse with this but it's a preetty simple concept to understand.

• 2 weeks later...

After noticing the South Carolina Gamecock jerseys, I like them.

Maybe Under Armour ought to re-design the Arena Football League and Arena Football League 2 jerseys.

LEONARD WEIRICH

FAN OF THE WASHINGTON NATIONALS SINCE 2005

LOVE THOSE NATS!!!

Didn't a Clemson - South Carolina argument end in one guy shooting and killing the other not too long ago? Is this what this thread is coming to?

This is like a Chiefs fan and a Giants fan arguing about who was the best 6th seed in the NFL Playoffs this year. Ya, Clemson and SC are sort of good, but neither one is really THAT good.

On the uniform front, Clemson is the hands down winner. Clemson is also obviously the bigger and better football program, but SC did win this year so as long as SC fan sticks to the simple yet effective "WE WON," then Clemson fan can't really say much to that, can he?

Now, if we're going to waste uniform talk space on a rivalry, can we at least talk about truly great rivalries, like Ohio State-Michigan, Texas-Texas A&M, Georgia-Florida, etc.?

Didn't a Clemson - South Carolina argument end in one guy shooting and killing the other not too long ago? Is this what this thread is coming to?

This is like a Chiefs fan and a Giants fan arguing about who was the best 6th seed in the NFL Playoffs this year. Ya, Clemson and SC are sort of good, but neither one is really THAT good.

On the uniform front, Clemson is the hands down winner. Clemson is also obviously the bigger and better football program, but SC did win this year so as long as SC fan sticks to the simple yet effective "WE WON," then Clemson fan can't really say much to that, can he?

Now, if we're going to waste uniform talk space on a rivalry, can we at least talk about truly great rivalries, like Ohio State-Michigan, Texas-Texas A&M, Georgia-Florida, etc.?

A guy with less than 20 posts in a year and a half dictating what should be discussed on a thread.

A guy with less than 20 posts in a year and a half dictating what should be discussed on a thread.

...says the guy with a whopping 400 posts in a year and a half. Were you trying to be ironic?

Keep it to (the other) Carolina's new uniforms, por favor.

Redirect: South Carolina's new uniform look is pretty solid. Under Armour seems to get what Nike has failed to understand: that you can be cutting-edge and incorporate novel ideas (like piping or geometric panels) into a uniform without making it look gaudy or cheesy. And you can do it without making a one-size-fits-all template that every client must adhere to.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Well, bud, according to your logic, as long as my future looks bright, filled with the opportunity to make hundreds of posts, then my limited success of the past shouldn't matter. You might say my 18 posts makes me the equivalent of the South Carolina Gamecocks football program.

19 and counting...

Well, bud, according to your logic, as long as my future looks bright, filled with the opportunity to make hundreds of posts, then my limited success of the past shouldn't matter. You might say my 18 posts makes me the equivalent of the South Carolina Gamecocks football program.

19 and counting...

Nicely done :D

• LMU locked this topic

Archived