St. Louis Blues RBK Edge

josh_cat_eyes

home.png

xdhdsgu.png

awtv.png

I was thinking that if I keep making concepts in the "old format" that they will fade away... soo I pushed myself to move on and except the RBK Edge template. It is starting to move on me so I thought no other time like the present. Well here it is.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Your numbers are HUGE. Why are they dark blue on the dark sweater, either make them yellow or white. Where's your TV Numbers? Hockey concepts always look unfinished without them IMHO.

Also, if you're going to include the mesh.. for one, don't let it take a chokehold on your concept such as it is here, and put it in the right places.

I like the logo, but only as a shoulder patch. Keep the blue note before the fine citizens of St. Louis castrate you.

Your numbers are HUGE. Why are they dark blue on the dark sweater, either make them yellow or white. Where's your TV Numbers? Hockey concepts always look unfinished without them IMHO.

Also, if you're going to include the mesh.. for one, don't let it take a chokehold on your concept such as it is here, and put it in the right places.

I like the logo, but only as a shoulder patch. Keep the blue note before the fine citizens of St. Louis castrate you.

Question:

What are TV numbers?

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Question:

What are TV numbers?

Numbers on the shoulders/sleeves of jerseys.

Also, not really fond of the striping pattern; it seems too minimalist to me, and any Blues jersey has to have the Blue Note as the primary logo if it is to be any good.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

get rid of the black

That's dark navy, not black.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Looking pretty good, but could be better. My suggestions:

1. Get rid of at least one of the shades of blue. There's the body of the sweater, the dark navy trim, and the Blue Note. The Blues somehow get away with having two sorta similar shades of blue now, and they make it work extremely well. Having three makes it look like you were not paying attention to your color palette, and you wound up with 3 shades that are close to each other but not so close as to be discernable.

2. Get rid of the right chest numbers. This is a bad idea that should not be propagated. :cursing: you, Buffaslug...

3. Slightly smaller numbers on the back. The "1" is not a full-thickness number; were the mock-up player wearing a number higher than 20, the numbers would probably stretch into the mech panels or the side stripes.

4. The gold outlines look OK on the home sweater numbers, but white or yellow would make the numbers readable... which is the point of having numbers in the first place.

5. Get rid of the navy trim panels up by the shoulder blades. "GALLANT" may fit fine in this pattern, but try "PONIKAROVSKY" or "BOUWMEESTER" or "VANBIESBROUCK", and see if the name doesn't run into the panels.

5a. Player names in a color lighter than navy blue on the home sweaters.

I like where this is going, and it looks nice. But there's work to be done.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Yeah I mess up on the colors. There is just suposed to be the body and the trim. The blue note is just suposed to be the same color as the trim. For the nameplate...would curving it like the Red Wings do help any? And I will get rid of the numbers on the front even though I think the NHL is going to start using them. Also I dont know what you meen but the "other number problem."

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Also I dont know what you mean about the "other number problem."

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

What I was referring to was the thickness of the numbers. The numbers are so large and thick that while it looks fine for single-digit numbers and players with a "1" as one of their numbers, the "1" is half the width of a normal number. Try placing two numbers on your concept that are full-width numbers (2 through 0) and see what little space the numbers DON'T occupy. Making the numbers a little thinner would allow room to accommodate two full-width numbers (26, 38, 75, whatever) without the numbers wrapping around to the sides of the sweater.

Vertical arching of the player name may solve your space problem at the shoulders; I don't know St. Louis fans would feel about borrowing from one of Detroit's more salient sweater elements, though...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The name on the blue jersey are kinda hard to read. Try changing them to yellow.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived