Should pete rose be reinstated?

habsfannova

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pete Rose lied for 13 years about his innocence, I dont care he bet on the Reds. He doesnt deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.

Shoeless Joe batted .375 and had the only Home Run in the 1919 World Series. I doubt a man who wanted to throw the world series would play that way.

and btw: its been over 50 years since Jackson died wasnt the suspension for his lifetime? If Rose goes in...there should be a uproar from Jackson supporters like no bodys business.

THE HELL WITH PETE ROSE...HES A LIAR

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Great role model for America. Awesome baseball player - poor role model. But with the way things go here in the USA he'll be reinstated...just like our society to do that. ???

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

you guys forget, there is a wife beatin' anti-semetic horses ass who claimed to have shot someone before in the hall of fame by the name of TYRUS COBB

if he is in the hall of fame then rose and shoeless joe should be in there.

ty cobb was the best player of his time....unfortunately, being a racist didn't keep him out of the hall...and if there is proof that he gambled, then he should be ousted too....the old saying says, '2 wrongs don't make a right'. just because cobb is in, doesn't mean rose should be there. just because some graphic artists make $200,000 a year doesn't make me angry that i don't.

pete rose issued a halfhearted apology, basically admitting he lied for 14 years about gambling.....what's to say he isn't lying about not gambling against the reds....what's to say he isn't lying about not gambling from the clubhouse....i try to teach my kids not to lie about things, because if they do people might not believe the things they say that are true......someone should have told rose the same thing.

his bulls**t diatribe about drug addicts and alcoholics getting help while he was left to rot is crybaby rhetoric. pete rose was a hero to a generation of kids (including myself), only to turn around and smack them in the face.

we live in a ridiculous society where crack addicts (marion berry) can be re-elected as the mayor of our nation's capital....austrian bodybuilders with only a speck of brain tissue can be elected governor of one of the largest states in the union.....and now, apparently, gambling liars who break down the integrity of our national pastime can be put into the hall of fame by a former shyster used car salesman posing as the commissioner of baseball.

yes, i'm angry about this whole thing.

for me, it's always been the gambling.....the lying is another thing altogether....just a shameless, pathetic person about to get what he wants by halfheartedly apologizing for lying to THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD for 14 years.

for me, it's always been the gambling.....the lying is another thing altogether....just a shameless, pathetic person about to get what he wants by halfheartedly apologizing for lying to THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD for 14 years.

Odd how in America, a supposedly christian country, (well most Americans are christian of some denomination or another) forgiveness is in such short supply ojn this!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

It seems Rose cant win. He denies it they say he is lying and should not beallwoe din teh Hall until he coems clean. Now he coems clean and its desperate attempt to get in the Hall and a shameless self promotion of his book.

Its ridiciulous he served his time now send him to Cooperstown.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Jim Caple to me hit it right on the money. He's just doing it to make money!

If he had done it without the book, just said it, and was truly repentent, I'd say he'd deserve some form of admiration.

It is desperate, but I always thought he should be in the hall of fame.  As long as the plaque mentions gambling.

Here's my 2 cents (2.5 cents Canadian :P ):

Absolutely under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should he be reinstated or allowed into the Hall of Fame. The man bet on his own games when he managed the Reds. Suppose Phil Jackson did that as coach of the Bulls, and was later found out. He'd be blacklisted from coaching forever, right?

What's coloring people's judgements in this is that the subject is Pete Rose. "Charlie Hustle." The all-time hit king (4,256, for those scoring at home). People are willing to look past the gambling to his accomplishments on the diamond, even though his gambling revolved around what happened on it.

And what do you do with Shoeless Joe Jackson? He, like Rose, is "permanently" ineligible to be in the Hall of Fame, and his transgressions weren't as bad as Rose (yes, he said he'd participate in the Fix of 1919, but IIRC he returned the payoff money). You can bet his descendants will have a lawyer or two on speed-dial if Rose is reinstated.

Rose violated the sanctity of the game. That is the ultimate sin in sports, and with it should come the ultimate penalty. Keep him ineligible.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Odd how in America, a supposedly christian country, (well most Americans are christian of some denomination or another) forgiveness is in such short supply ojn this!!

(1)  America isn't nearly as christian as some of our 'religious right' would have everyone believe.

(2)  Forgiveness is not among America's virtues.  Stupidity and naivete yes, but not forgiveness.

(3)  Pete Rose should be allowed in the hall for his on-field accomplishments, if for no other reason than we have worse precedents (Cobb, et al.).  But as far as reinstatement goes, that should never be permitted, no matter what he admits or denies, no matter his future actions.

nav-logo.png

Well I dont think he shoudl manage or be a coach, but he shoudl be allowed to participate in other activites such as ceremonies and broadcasting if he so chooses, or to be a community liason.

I also think now as a condition of reninstament he lectures teams and players aropund the league aboutthe dangers of gambling, something I'm sure he would have no problem with.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I don't see how betting on your own team to win equates a capital offense.  I mean, let's face it, every head coach in every sport bets their salary on their team every day that they continue to be employed.  If he bet against his team then he would certainly deserve to be tossed for good, but betting on his team is an entirely different story.

Archived