Central Florida To Get New Logos

meetthemets

From TESS, registered the first week of April:

ucfknights2.jpgucfknights.jpg

By-the-numbers. Wholly unimpressive and completely forgettable. Cookiecutter.

Wake me when SOME DESIGN firm grows some balls and does something NEW. This is just worse than bad, it's BORING.

I disagree.

May be boring: ucfknights2.jpg

But it's better than

Bad: niflcocandoos.gif, niflftmtarpons.gif

As long as they don't make something too similar to our logo set, I'll be fine.

Yikes...I think they completely dropped the ball on these logos. If I were a UCF student or alum I'd be extremely disappointed with these efforts. It's a complete lateral move IMO.

How do these things usually work, is there a chance that they will release others by their target date, or are all logos usually submitted at the same time to the patent and trademark office?

UCF is the ultimate commuter school. A sizeable number of students and alums aren't going to care or notice, but I will say they are building quite a football fanbase and will open a very nice on-campus stadium this season with Texas coming to town for that game.

will their colors change at all? call me stupid, but i like the new knight.

I'll have to agree with you Shoop, it pains me to do it since it's USF's heated rival.

regardless, I bet they do a better job of having the correct color helmets. ;)

SigReflect.png

They do look better in color and I like the Knight head logo, but the main logo definitely looks like he is swinging a baseball bat, not a sword.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

UCF Knight (formerly the Golden Knights), Scarlet Knights, Black Knights (Army)...

What is this, the Knights of the (NCAA D-1) Round Table?

Arthur...oh, AAAARRRRRRTHUUURRRRR!!!

(Let's see who's the first to pick up the hidden joke in that...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

UCF Knight (formerly the Golden Knights), Scarlet Knights, Black Knights (Army)...

All three schools suck at football?

UCF has been pretty good and turned things around with George O'Leary...and as for Rutgers...

Scarlet Knights are back baby

Two of the three...

Actually, I don't know how CF did this year...but I know Rutgers was DEFINITELY not suckin' this year.

[rant]Now Army...man, I mean, it's hard being a soldier and having to watch your fellow comrades--fellas who one I one day may find myself "yessir'ing" and all that--consistenly just not winning the games and continually being beat up on by the AFA and those dastard squids from Annapolis...)[/rant]

Oh--by the way, that wasn't the joke.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Two of the three...

Actually, I don't know how CF did this year...but I know Rutgers was DEFINITELY not suckin' this year.

They had a good '06. One good year and 50 years of being awful doesn't constitute a good football team. Just sayin'. My point was that all three are traditionally bad football schools.

I would think that the UCF logo with the knight could be the new helmet logo. If not, then the "UCF" straight across.

Something in me kinda goes "ack" at the thought of something with a 3/4 frontal pose, especially one that can be seen in 3-D, being stuck on the side of a helmet, where, more often than not, that image is meant to convey 100% FORWARD motion (a la the Buccaneer flag, the Denver bronco, the Philly wings, the Falcon, FSU's spear...that type of thing.)

One other thing: two colors in this logo...what color is the HELMET going to be? A gold knight on a gold helmet is going to get lost; but on the other hand, a black helmet would bring this too close to Wake Forest territory (even if they are in different conferences...)

Archived