Is anyone looking for a hockey team......

BRUINSFAN

FFS, get over it winnipeg.

Don't worry, Bring Back the Jets stories only come out on a quarterly basis at this point, so it's not going to happen all too often.

That said, I do believe that there's a wrong that needs to be righted here, and you'll pardon me if I speak to it when opportunities to do so arise.

Amarillo's CHL team being sold on eBay is an opportunity to discuss why Winnipeg should still have an NHL team? I hope no one posts anymore about CBA/AFL2/UHL teams folding/moving, otherwise, we'll never hear the end of it.

Don't worry, Bring Back the Jets stories only come out on a quarterly basis at this point, so it's not going to happen all too often.

That said, I do believe that there's a wrong that needs to be righted here, and you'll pardon me if I speak to it when opportunities to do so arise.

Amarillo's CHL team being sold on eBay is an opportunity to discuss why Winnipeg should still have an NHL team? I hope no one posts anymore about CBA/AFL2/UHL teams folding/moving, otherwise, we'll never hear the end of it.

:D

What I said was (and you may catch this if you read my comments), "I speak to it when opportunities to do so arise." I did not bring the issue up in the first place, but since someone did, I spoke to it.

As for the issue coming up, the way I read it, it started with a little crack at the Coyotes' expense... people responded with an unexpected level of vitriol, and it came to a head when someone criticized the sources used in the joke and resulting discussion.

...and as far as I can tell, you, fine sir, were the first person in the thread to mention "Winnipeg" by name. Before that it was merely a criticism of Phoenix as a poor hockey franchise/city, which is not something pointed out exclusively by Winnipeggers.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

What I said was (and you may catch this if you read my comments), "I speak to it when opportunities to do so arise." I did not bring the issue up in the first place, but since someone did, I spoke to it.

As for the issue coming up, the way I read it, it started with a little crack at the Coyotes' expense... people responded with an unexpected level of vitriol, and it came to a head when someone criticized the sources used in the joke and resulting discussion.

...and as far as I can tell, you, fine sir, were the first person in the thread to mention "Winnipeg" by name. Before that it was merely a criticism of Phoenix as a poor hockey franchise/city, which is not something pointed out exclusively by Winnipeggers.

Exactly. Back to the original point. If someone told me I could buy the Coyotes for $695,000, but I couldn't sell them or move them for 5 years, I would politely decline (assuming I even had that kind of money).

The Coyotes lose astronomical amounts of money. So in a way, they are only worth that amount, or even less, IMO. A joke with a little bit of truth.

They should put the Cubs on eBay.

Seriously, is this real? Or is this like when someone put New Zealand on eBay (the high bid was $12.38)?

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

They should put the Cubs on eBay.

Seriously, is this real? Or is this like when someone put New Zealand on eBay (the high bid was $12.38)?

It's real. It's happened before in minor league sports. (Most famous/infamous are the then Anchorage Aces of the WCHL-now Alaska Aces of the ECHL, and the Indiana Firebirds of the AFL).

Also, do something about the size of that sig.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Come on, Phil. We're both smart guys. You could be illiterate and still read between those lines. If someone from LA started complaining about how the Rams draw less than half the dome in St Louis, I think it would be clear what they were inferring. Same with Hartford-Carolina, Quebec-Colorado, Vancouver-Memphis, etc. For a poster with a clear and repeated agenda to isolate Phoenix,and Phoenix only, in a thread that had nothing to do with the Coyotes in the first place, does nothing to further the discussion and only serves their purposes. Is Winnipeg getting an NHL team fodder for the boards? Sure, but not in threads that don't warrant it. Sorry if calling that out is wrong, but it just gets old.

As to the "fine sir" part, while I appreciate the compliment, in no way can anyone consider 6'2" 240 (ding) fine. ^_^

As to the "fine sir" part, while I appreciate the compliment, in no way can anyone consider 6'2" 240 (ding) fine. ^_^

Beefy!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Come on, Phil. We're both smart guys. You could be illiterate and still read between those lines. If someone from LA started complaining about how the Rams draw less than half the dome in St Louis, I think it would be clear what they were inferring. Same with Hartford-Carolina, Quebec-Colorado, Vancouver-Memphis, etc. For a poster with a clear and repeated agenda to isolate Phoenix,and Phoenix only, in a thread that had nothing to do with the Coyotes in the first place, does nothing to further the discussion and only serves their purposes. Is Winnipeg getting an NHL team fodder for the boards? Sure, but not in threads that don't warrant it. Sorry if calling that out is wrong, but it just gets old.

There are so many things wrong with this I don't know where to start.

I made a simple joke about how the Coyotes aren't worth much. Learn how to take a freakin' joke.

"a poster with a clear and repeated agenda to isolate Phoenix,and Phoenix only" - Please substantiate this. Show me the clear and repeated postings of my "Phoenix bashings." At the risk of making you look like an idiot and a liar, go ahead and look through my posting history and find all these posts about Phoenix. Maybe you are somehow offended by my Jets-themed signature or my links to the Return of the Jets website. although I have no idea why you would be. But let's stick to the facts:

In nearly 3 years of posting, this is the FIRST time I've mentioned only the Coyotes in a thread, and only the SECOND time I've mentioned the Coyotes at all.

On the other hand, you seem to pop up in every discussion about Winnipeg as a city and also the possibilities of the NHL's return there. I only noticed as I was looking through the old threads that I was posting in.

Examples:

Winnipeg Arena 1955-2004

Penguins moving?

Moose 3rd jerseys

Trading places

Spiderman 3

These are FIVE different threads where you've posted negatively about Winnipeg. Some of them are COMPLETELY out of context. It's amazing what a search engine can show you. I've lost any respect I may have had for you.

I think the person with the agenda is you. I'm hoping this ends this discussion.

Is your name Phil?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Is your name Phil?

I think you can tell, simply by the comparable quality of my concepts (or lack there of), I am no Phil.

Then I don't think OMMF was blaming you.

Today, we are all otaku.

Is your name Phil?

I think you can tell, simply by the comparable quality of my concepts (or lack there of), I am no Phil.

Then I don't think OMMF was blaming you.

I'm pretty sure he was, based on what he wrote - but maybe it's a bit ambiguous.

Regardless, Phil certainly does not have "a clear and repeated agenda to isolate Phoenix,and Phoenix only" either.

So the point is the same.

There are so many things wrong with this I don't know where to start.

I made a simple joke about how the Coyotes aren't worth much. Learn how to take a freakin' joke.

"a poster with a clear and repeated agenda to isolate Phoenix,and Phoenix only" - Please substantiate this. Show me the clear and repeated postings of my "Phoenix bashings." At the risk of making you look like an idiot and a liar, go ahead and look through my posting history and find all these posts about Phoenix. Maybe you are somehow offended by my Jets-themed signature or my links to the Return of the Jets website. although I have no idea why you would be. But let's stick to the facts:

In nearly 3 years of posting, this is the FIRST time I've mentioned only the Coyotes in a thread, and only the SECOND time I've mentioned the Coyotes at all.

On the other hand, you seem to pop up in every discussion about Winnipeg as a city and also the possibilities of the NHL's return there. I only noticed as I was looking through the old threads that I was posting in.

Examples:

Winnipeg Arena 1955-2004

Penguins moving?

Moose 3rd jerseys

Trading places

Spiderman 3

These are FIVE different threads where you've posted negatively about Winnipeg. Some of them are COMPLETELY out of context. It's amazing what a search engine can show you. I've lost any respect I may have had for you.

I think the person with the agenda is you. I'm hoping this ends this discussion.

Dude, how self-conscious are you that you consider "Close, Spidey is moving back to Winnipeg" to be negative about your town? As to the other 4 threads, 3 of those were about either Winnipeg or teams that might be moving to Winnipeg. Hardly the agitator you make me out to be. And in the other one, Winnipeg was brought up before I even made a post. If you call asking legitimate attendance questions to be negatively attacking your town, then I may suggest you re-evaluate your standards for negative. Or you can look to the first two threads and see where I complimented Winnipeg on it's support.

Exactly. So, OMMF, apparently it's OK for you to make accusations about me having it out for Phoenix, but it's not OK for similar accusations to be made about you.

Maybe next time you'll think twice before accusing me or others of hijacking threads to push their "agendas."

The fact is, you went off the handle because I made a crack about Phoenix and made blatant lies about me. I do not appreciate that. End of story.

If I was very rich I would buy that team, change their name, logo, jerseys and whatever else I can. I'm thinking the Marinerzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz would work

when did rams80 become the ruler of these boards? seriously you tell people thier sigs are too big and you jsut spout your mouth to anything you want. you got to have some rank around these boards, and I don't mean your post count...

you're worthless rams80... what have you done?...

spacer.png

Are you girls done getting the sand out of your vaginas, or are you still looking to derail the thread?

That's freakin' funny, and point well taken.

So what's this about a team for sale?

It seems the auction has ended. No bids. I guess there's not a lot of people out there buying million-dollar sports franchises on ebay. I don't know why - if you sign up for Paypal you can probably get $5 off.

Maybe his feedback score was too low.

Are you girls done getting the sand out of your vaginas, or are you still looking to derail the thread?

Did you not see 6'2" 240? That's going to take a lot of sand.

Archived