The most inaccurate helmets in college football. No doubt.

BigShoop

After it's all said and done, I still like this logo better:

USF-200.jpg

The "U" in the current logo is still too much of a "huh??" thing. I think Miami is only team that can get away with that "U" nonsense.

I always considered that one of the worst logos around. I know there are dozens that qualify for that title, but that one is among my top 5. Looks more like a restaurant chain that anything else.

USF-200.jpg

The "U" in the current logo is still too much of a "huh??" thing. I think Miami is only team that can get away with that "U" nonsense.

I hate that logo. It is so ugly and awkward looking...the angle is just strange.

Anyways, I am kind of confused what is wrong here...are you not liking the shade of gold or are you saying they use two different kinds on the uniform? You compared USF to UCF so it confused me...I hope you are wanting to have the same gold as your rival. I think I am missing something here though.

Anyways, I like USF's color scheme and if they used any other color I wish it would be more white instead of black. Black gets lost in dark green. A white outline around the logo on the helmet would help a lot...but then again, I am also in the crowd of people that is confused at the logo from the get-go..."U" has kind of already been claimed by Miami to me, I don't even like that they use it.

I think instead of spending more money on these uniform changes, they need to save it to build their own stadium. A nice 35,000-40,000 capacity stadium near the campus would work well I think. I went to the Rutgers/USF game last year at RayJay (friends go there) and thought it looked awkard with fans only in the bottom. Plus a ship doesn't really fit the bull theme haha...I actually have high hopes for USF's program, they are on my "programs to watch" list.

Anyways, I am kind of confused what is wrong here...are you not liking the shade of gold or are you saying they use two different kinds on the uniform?

Yes. :P

They're hard to find, but if you find a pic of the old USF uniforms, you'll notice that they have the same color helmets as the new. The old helmets were kind of yellowish/greenish/goldish and at night they almost looked like a lime color.

It looks like they changed the logo and the colors and decided that it would be "easier" to just stick the new logo on the old helmets.

You compared USF to UCF so it confused me...I hope you are wanting to have the same gold as your rival. I think I am missing something here though.

I was trying to show a team that uses the correct gold, and is consistent with it. What better way than to use a team that has gold jerseys AND gold unis?

Anyways, I like USF's color scheme and if they used any other color I wish it would be more white instead of black. Black gets lost in dark green. A white outline around the logo on the helmet would help a lot

Agree 100%. The green USF uses is a "rich" green that would REALLY pop on a correctly colored gold helmet. The white outline would be on there, because it's included in EVERY place that you see the logo(merchandise, signage, website, etc). The ONLY place the white outline is not used is on the most recognizable symbol of a college university........the football helmet.

...but then again, I am also in the crowd of people that is confused at the logo from the get-go..."U" has kind of already been claimed by Miami to me, I don't even like that they use it.

Eh, I'm kind of with you on this. Actually, I'm 50/50. I haaaaaaaate Miami, so anything similar to them is a bad move. On the other hand, I think it's a cool looking logo. (I wish we'd use the "shield" alternate more though....)

I think instead of spending more money on these uniform changes, they need to save it to build their own stadium. A nice 35,000-40,000 capacity stadium near the campus would work well I think. I went to the Rutgers/USF game last year at RayJay (friends go there) and thought it looked awkard with fans only in the bottom. Plus a ship doesn't really fit the bull theme haha...

In 10 years, yes. People are starting to, but the masses havent jumped on the bandwagon yet. When they win the Big East this year(or next, but it's going to happen very soon), people's eyes will start to open around this area. People forget that USF didnt START playing football until 1997.

I actually have high hopes for USF's program, they are on my "programs to watch" list.

For the 1st time in their existance, the coaching staff has had 3 recruiting classes in the same "class". Meaning, 3 years they could go to a kid's house and say: "We are in a BCS conference." They had 1-AA kids, 1-AA kids playing in C-USA, C-USA kids in the Big East. Now we finally have a 2-deep(and some 3-deep) full of BCS recruits. The speed and size are there, it's very young size and speed though.

Keep watchin..... :)

SigReflect.png

USF-200.jpg

I always considered that one of the worst logos around. I know there are dozens that qualify for that title, but that one is among my top 5. Looks more like a restaurant chain that anything else.

Mmm. BEEEF!

Archived