A wolf logo I created

elliott

This was a originally a drawing that I did, but I decided to vectorize it and here it is. I will probably be making a concept out of this with the team name WolfPack, on this thread or a new one.

C+C appreciated.

wolfpack.gif

I'm only asking, I don't know if it's intentional or not, but is that a basketball in its mouth?

Or teeth?

Or teeth shaped like a basketball's curves?

http://myweb.dal.ca/obarker/photos/M13%20teeth.JPG

You'll find their teeth are sharp, as shown here.

dog_wild_wolf.jpg

Also, I see you have the same problem with Offset Path as I do, with it cutting the top off the point on the highest ear. Why does it do that? Annoys me no end.

It's cartoony, which doesn't automatically mean bad, and as travis mentions, needs shading and highlighting, but it has potential to be something good.

I've seen worse starts become pretty good with recommendations from people here.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Overal I really like it...

It has a cartoony, Simpsons' feel to it. (the early, early years...)

Given the perspective (straight on profile), regardless of the length of the fang, I'd only show one.

Good work... Can't say enough about guys who start their concepts on paper... I've been trying to do that, but I'm useless with vectors, so my final work ends up looking like a bad tracing, of a bad drawing :(

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

This was a originally a drawing that I did, but I decided to vectorize it and here it is. I will probably be making a concept out of this with the team name WolfPack, on this thread or a new one.

C+C appreciated.

wolfpack.gif

I'm only asking, I don't know if it's intentional or not, but is that a basketball in its mouth?

Or teeth?

Or teeth shaped like a basketball's curves?

http://myweb.dal.ca/obarker/photos/M13%20teeth.JPG

You'll find their teeth are sharp, as shown here.

dog_wild_wolf.jpg

Also, I see you have the same problem with Offset Path as I do, with it cutting the top off the point on the highest ear. Why does it do that? Annoys me no end.

It's cartoony, which doesn't automatically mean bad, and as travis mentions, needs shading and highlighting, but it has potential to be something good.

I've seen worse starts become pretty good with recommendations from people here.

if you are using illustrator, up the miter limit underneath stroke weight in teh options. the default is 4. this isnt always as helpful as you might think as the more acute the angle, the greater the length of the miter. this is exponential so use where appropriate.

if you are using illustrator, up the miter limit underneath stroke weight in teh options. the default is 4. this isnt always as helpful as you might think as the more acute the angle, the greater the length of the miter. this is exponential so use where appropriate.

Yeah, you can get some really long spikes there. I have been known to change the base path to a tiny arc rather then a point so the contour (the term Corel uses for "offset") corner is a bit rounded. If I can't have a rounded corner, I separate it into its own object and edit it manually.

But back to the wolf - I would focus on it being cartoony rather than realistic. It will lend a lot to the creative process.

LT

this might help you a bit my friend.

we poduced a series of simple animated nursery rhimes for nickelodeon a couple of months ago.

i was supplied with the illustration in this case but animated all the characters and set.

its a little 'kiddy' for obvious reasons but the wolf is quite a nice looking character,

might help you out.

3 little pigs

/fd

It looks weak. I am not "intimidated" by looking at it. I feel like I can walk up and pet it.

I like the angle you have going though. I think the lines are weak and as people said, the teeth need fixing.

both logos are way to big, especially the shoudlers... but overrall I think it looks pretty good.

I'll second that.

As for the wolf's face... you've got some work left to do on that.

For one, the fangs are WAY too long.

For two, the fangs are way too medial on the wolf's face. The fangs wouldn't be the front teeth like it was a rabbit; the fangs are towards the sides of the jaw.

For three, the fangs look like they were glued on. All of the other teeth form a continuous jagged line, but there is full definition all the way around the fangs.

For four, unless the wolf is sitting down on its hindlegs AND simultaneously baring its fangs (rarely done in nature), the neck and shoulders do not suggest a wolf. It suggests an animal that walks on two legs only, like a kangaroo.

Right now, I do not see a wolf. I see a KangaRabbit.

As for the rest of the concept, it's decent. The sleeve numbers are entirely too low on the sleeves (if you were wearing that sweater, the numbers would be between your wrist and elbow). And the shoulder patches are too big; if your last name were any longer, it would overlap the patches on the back.

Sweat EVERY detail...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Sabertooth Wolf - the idea with the front fangs is good, just too big.

The snout & jaw look good, it needs a bit of cleaning up.

Just take the C&C, adapt to your liking and fix what you want.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I think you should probably spend some time just looking at pictures of real wolves to get some better idea of the shape of what you're trying to draw. Right now, I can form my left hand almost exactly into the shape of your logo. Especially the jaw, which looks just like a thumb.

both logos are way to big, especially the shoudlers... but overrall I think it looks pretty good.

I'll second that.

As for the wolf's face... you've got some work left to do on that.

For one, the fangs are WAY too long.

For two, the fangs are way too medial on the wolf's face. The fangs wouldn't be the front teeth like it was a rabbit; the fangs are towards the sides of the jaw.

For three, the fangs look like they were glued on. All of the other teeth form a continuous jagged line, but there is full definition all the way around the fangs.

For four, unless the wolf is sitting down on its hindlegs AND simultaneously baring its fangs (rarely done in nature), the neck and shoulders do not suggest a wolf. It suggests an animal that walks on two legs only, like a kangaroo.

Right now, I do not see a wolf. I see a KangaRabbit.As for the rest of the concept, it's decent. The sleeve numbers are entirely too low on the sleeves (if you were wearing that sweater, the numbers would be between your wrist and elbow). And the shoulder patches are too big; if your last name were any longer, it would overlap the patches on the back.

Sweat EVERY detail...

So be careful,

That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

It's got a vicious streak a mile wide. Look at the bones.

He's a killer.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived