Browns Concept

The A-Train

as a browns fan, i like your design on the uniforms, very clean and simple. good job there, it gives it a simple blue collar vibe. the helmets i do not like. like i have stated on my occassions, the browns should never mess with the helmets, especially putting a logo of any sort on them. why mess with something that sets you apart from every other team in the league. different is better, why be cookie cutter. as for the wordmarks. i do not like the dawg you choose as the mascot. its too Tom & Jerry, anyone that sees that will automatically think that instead of cleveland browns. the field is where i think you totally went wrong. the endzones have way too much going on in them. the checkboard plus wording is just to busy. the center logo is interesting, maybe should have the CB them, maybe even a star indicating where cleveland is on the map.

i hope you dont think i am trying to be harsh. hell you did better than i can do with any of the programs out there. so i applaud you for that.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

I like your design on the uniforms.

The logos, way too college for me. LMUpepbander says credit Fresno State - I didn't check yet, but try and get your ideas from more than one source.

Again, uni's look nice!

I admire your work. But as a Browns fan for 50 years I wish all you people would just LEAVE THE BROWNS' UNIFORMS ALONE! Except for the boring solid-color socks the Browns uniforms are just about perfect. You don't tug on Superman's cape...et al.

The logo w/ the state of Ohio reminds me a lot of the Cleveland Barons

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Meh. Solid, if unspectacular.

LOGO/WORDMARKS: Very traditional, and blue-collar, all of which fit. The "B" monogram over Ohio doesn't work because there is another Ohio team whose nickname begins with "B" and probably would be offended that their blood rivals would imply they're Ohio's team. In fact, neither team is - that'd be OSU. I also do not generally approve of using nicknames in monograms. The "CB" monogram isn't any better IMO and is as bland as bland could be.

UNIFORM: Plain helmets is a step in the right direction. And bonus points for removing any trace of that :censored: dog from any part of the uniform. For the kajillionth time, the Dawg is a representation of a small subsegment of the fans that root for the team, NOT the team itself. As such, it should not be represented on the team's uniforms. The Dawg is NOT the Browns, it isn't even the entire fan base. The sooner people get that into their heads, the better off things will be.

The white jersey doesn't have enough orange in it to be a "Browns jersey". The modern font clashes with the traditional, blue-collar flavor you gave the rest of the concept. And the wordmark on the jerseys is too big - it looks like a college jersey, or one of those T-shirts they sold 30 years ago before they made replica jerseys.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

VitaminD-you took the exact words right out of my mouth. The only thing I disagree with is that I think the dog would look good as an alternate logo, because the Browns' set is really plain. Anyway, this is solid work, and it will only get better with experience. B-

I didn't know the Browns represented all of Ohio. I thought there was another team in the state too. :D

I think it was a good job overall. But I would drop the Ohio state outline logo. It would be fine if they were the only team in the state or named the Ohio Browns. I do like the uni font though. Keep plugging away!

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I admire your work. But as a Browns fan for 50 years I wish all you people would just LEAVE THE BROWNS' UNIFORMS ALONE! Except for the boring solid-color socks the Browns uniforms are just about perfect. You don't tug on Superman's cape...et al.

You really want them to be seen throughout the league as a half-ass expansion team who even when they were around the first time hadn't done much but lose in the last... 40 years or so?

It's only tradition if the team is successful, until it becomes a losing tradition, which sums up the Browns perfectly.

Onto the concept. I really don't like the uniforms, think that number font looks a little gross and the border is overly thick.

The wordmarks fare better. I actually kind of like the B in the circle, but it still feels a little off. The block font works well (but why would you have block lettering and strange numbering?), and although the Ohio B is probably aesthetically the best thing in the set, with the Bengals, it would never happen.

Archived