Arizona Diamondbacks concept

elliott

I've never done baseball before, and I worked a long time on this one, finding it much harder that hockey or basketball. Its especialy hard to come up with a concept because it seems as though everything has been done before!

For this one, I used a new font, kind of a desert feel to it. I hope you like them.

C+C please!

diamondbacks.gif

Wow! This ain't half bad! Good job.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

no its not half bad...only about 45% bad :)

Seriously though i do like it...not saying its exactly an improvent, but it is a somewhat practical look, and it is easy on the eyes. nice work ill give it a B just for letter gradings sake

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

It's different, I'll give you that.

However, this whole concept is just too busy. Simplifying this in every possible way would make it better.

The lettering in the wordmarks is scrunched together, and the font doesn't lend itself to legibility too well. It's an odd choice of font in terms of design and theme; for a team playing in the Southwestern desert, named for a desert snake, the font gives off a feeling of a tropical jungle... or at least Disney's interpretation of a tropical jungle. The font just doesn't work, and the letters are too compacted together.

The piping is entirely too thick as well. As a whole, this just doesn't look like something any self-respecting team in the highest echelon of its sport would wear in an actual game. Sorry. It's too overwrought and too bold. Tone it down some, and you might have something.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like the number font, but not so much when used for wordmarks. ALso, ditch the hyphen. Otherwise, a good concept.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

hey there first time poster here!

about the concept... love it... but i totally agree with what was said about ditching the hyphen... i'm not even really that big of a fan of calling them the d-backs, other than in conversation... i just dont think it belongs on the jersey... bt yeah other than that i love it...

tumblr_liile3w9oT1qdgbiwo1_400.png

I think the numerals aren't kosher per mlb tradition. They work really well for the concept but not sure it would actually fly. Great job with the concept, however.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Now THIS is appropriate for a southwestern team. I agree that the font would ruffle the feathers of MLB purists, but that's also the reason why so many MLB unis are bland as hell. I like it.

about the concept... love it... but i totally agree with what was said about ditching the hyphen... i'm not even really that big of a fan of calling them the d-backs, other than in conversation... i just dont think it belongs on the jersey... bt yeah other than that i love it...

Are you talking to me? I'm definetely not a first time poster, but you are...

Thanks for your comments.

I like the number font, but not so much when used for wordmarks. ALso, ditch the hyphen. Otherwise, a good concept

Now see, i'm backwards. I actually like the wordmark, and not the numbers so much.

Regardless of that, it's a cool idea. Colors are good, everything meshes together well. Nice job, dude.

Are you talking to me? I'm definetely not a first time poster, but you are...

Thanks for your comments.

i was just making note that it was my first post... sorry to confuse you...

tumblr_liile3w9oT1qdgbiwo1_400.png

The first thing that jumped out at me was the wordmark. I'd mess with the leading a bit or simply lose some of the outlines(or thin them out). The outlines cause the letters to overlap in some areas. I'd actually try a different font for the wordmakrs all together. It's not terrbile, but I'd go with something a bit more legible.

Archived