Ottawa Senators Concept

Webhamster

In another thread I described what I saw in my head as the new design for the Senators, given that Mr. 3D becomes the primary logo next year and there is such a mismatch across their whole set making this the perfect time to "re-imagine". To quote myself:

I think the "toga" is history. I suspect it'll probably be the current third promoted to "home" (although I would love if it was switched from black base to red base in the process) and the road uniform being based on the current third as well only on a white base. I also hope they keep the current home font/number sets. I suspect the 3D Logo will probably become the primary logo (maybe with some tweaking). They should also retain the "S" logo on the shoulder.

So I took a template into photoshop and worked this out very quickly to visualize better what I saw in my head.

webhamstersensconceptiz2.jpg

And with a slightly different take on the road jersey:

webhamstersensconcept2jp1.jpg

C&C...

Though this is most likely what they will have next year, and this is nothing towards your concept I just hate the fact that the gold laurel leafs look so minor-leageish.

Good concept but it's been done before.

I wasn't a big fan of the laurel leafs either when they first came out but I've slowly come around because it ties in with the whole "Roman" theme.

I'd like for them to do a total re-imagining too, however, but I doubt they will. And I think my red home jersey is nothing more than a pipe dream or an alternate in 2 years because I think the black jersey will probably become the home.

See, what's always bugged me about the Sens laurel is that they should be gold leaves, but instead, they're black leaves on a gold background. I didn't even realize that they were laurel until I heard someone point them out.

Considering that their current third jersey is easily the best of the three jerseys they have, I'm totally on board with this. Though, oddly, I think it looks better in black than in red, but it may be because it's been around a while already.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Considering that their current third jersey is easily the best of the three jerseys they have, I'm totally on board with this. Though, oddly, I think it looks better in black than in red, but it may be because it's been around a while already.

I'm just sick of black jerseys. It seems like everyone has one.

the red looks off to me, more like the Panthers red than the Sens red.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

the red looks off to me, more like the Panthers red than the Sens red.

It probably is. This was quick n' dirty. I used the red that existed on the GIF template I based these off. It's possible it was wrong.

Webhamster, I dig those concepts. If the Ottawa Senators adopted those (especially the white one), I'd be happy with that.

I hope the current black alternate returns in the 2008-2009 season.

At the same time, to keep the original logo in the mix, as a fourth "retro" jersey, I wouldn't mind in the least if the Senators

brought back their original black road jersey design and everything down to the numbering. If and only if there was one thing

to change, that would be to switch the crest logo with the current one on the road white (without the "OTTAWA SENATORS"

on it).

The image below is courtesy of NHLuniforms.com.

Senators1.gif

Webhamster, I dig those concepts. If the Ottawa Senators adopted those (especially the white one), I'd be happy with that.

I hope the current black alternate returns in the 2008-2009 season.

At the same time, to keep the original logo in the mix, as a fourth "retro" jersey, I wouldn't mind in the least if the Senators

brought back their original black road jersey design and everything down to the numbering. If and only if there was one thing

to change, that would be to switch the crest logo with the current one on the road white (without the "OTTAWA SENATORS"

on it).

The image below is courtesy of NHLuniforms.com.

Senators1.gif

Those dark uniforms were absolute crap.

Red stripes and red numbers don't show up well on black because there isn't enough contrast, even if you apply a thin white border to the numbers. At a distance, or on television, the red blends with the dark background, and everything looks black. The same effect can be seen on the U.S. National Team's Swift jerseys - the red striping is hard to see because it blends into the blue. If someone posted that black Sens sweater as a concept here, there'd be no end of suggestions to make the numbers easier to see by changing them to white, and separate the red stripes from the black background with white so they stand out better.

Those early Senators teams looked like the Viet Cong on ice.

. . . and, seeing how the Nordiques and Bruins used to kick the :censored: out of them, maybe the Adams Division should have been sent to defend Saigon. ;)

I wasn't a big fan of the laurel leafs either when they first came out but I've slowly come around because it ties in with the whole "Roman" theme.

Well at least it ties with something...don't the thrashers have them too?

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived