Hamilton Predators Concept

patsox

In any case, as I said before, I don't dislike the yellow/blue scheme that much, but it doesn't screem "I'm going to kill you and eat you" which is what a predator does, isn't it?

FYI, yellow and blue are the colours of Nashville's city seal and flag. It doesn't scream "I'm going to kill you and eat you," but it doesn't scream Nashville.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In any case, as I said before, I don't dislike the yellow/blue scheme that much, but it doesn't screem "I'm going to kill you and eat you" which is what a predator does, isn't it?

FYI, yellow and blue are the colours of Nashville's city seal and flag. It doesn't scream "I'm going to kill you and eat you," but it doesn't scream Nashville.

Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't refering to the existing scheme, which I love. It's dark enought with enough of an accent in yellow and silver. It is quite an "agressive" combination.

It's the light blue of the CONCEPT here, I wasn't feeling (and having seen some of the Hamilton Sports Fans, I can't picture these guys waiving powder blue flags to cheer on their team...)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't refering to the existing scheme, which I love. It's dark enought with enough of an accent in yellow and silver. It is quite an "agressive" combination.

It's the light blue of the CONCEPT here, I wasn't feeling (and having seen some of the Hamilton Sports Fans, I can't picture these guys waiving powder blue flags to cheer on their team...)

Oh, ok. Yeah, this scheme sucks.

Why would it be blurred on purpose? Why wouldn't the riveted "H" be part of the wordmark? Why don't your concepts involve? Why do you just blow everything up and start fresh all the time? Why doesn't your stuff make any sense?

I don't get it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If you have the riveted alternate logo you should have the entire wordmark with rivets. That could look good. The alternate logo looks pretty good, use that same effort into making the jerseys look cleaner. You can make curves look pretty good in MS Paint if you put effort into it. Don't use mustard as the color of the jersey. Navy blue would do just fine. The wordmark is nice, just clean up the jerseys and this will be a good concept.

I'll just wait until someone else makes a joke about why you would watermark your work.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

While I might not have too much room to talk, as I created the worst CR concept in the history of man, (which I greatly apologize for, please forgive me, no more nasty PMs, people), I must critique you my saying that even your most recent design is aesthetically unbearable. Imagine that concept at work on the ice. The players would look like mustard stains on the rink, much like the alternate pred jerseys do now. Perhaps expanding on the H logo you have (and even thickening the horizontal bar to emphasize it) would do much better than recycling the Pred's logo. Go with a nice Blue, and avoid the piping. Ewww piping.

The players would look like mustard stains on the rink, much like the alternate pred jerseys do now.

What's wrong with Mustard?

rr_20070109_2.jpg

I would even call it DIJON....

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The players would look like mustard stains on the rink, much like the alternate pred jerseys do now.

What's wrong with Mustard?

rr_20070109_2.jpg

I would even call it DIJON....

its closer to honey mustard as seen here:

honey_mustard_pretzel_sticks.jpg

I would like to suggest Beano's Honey Mustard that you can buy in your local wal-mart deli. :grin:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I decided to start over.

HamiltonPredatorsConceptv3.png

Alt logo/shoulder patch

HamiltonPredatorsConceptualAlternat.png

Primary(Blurred on purpose)

HamiltonPredatorsConceptualPrimaryL.png

Pat, Pat, Pat. Unified design elements, man. The H with rivets is kinda cool, but it has absolutely no relation to anything else in the concept--not the name, not the logo, nothing. The H with rivets might be a good starting place (as you seem to be doing with the wordmark), but why are there rivets? What significance do they have? Maybe that's a good place to start for a re-brand, with a new nickname. But with the Predators nickname and current logo, a riveted H doesn't fit in.

The significance is that Hamilton has a history of steel, he was probably going for something along that line, but the middle line in the H needs to be thicker.

And dude, why don't you download paint.NET for free??? Your lines would become much more smoother, and your work would look much better. Just google it and download it man.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived