randy moss

arr1023

Are you serious? Did I miss something about the NFL receiver number rules? I know he was wearing a single digit, but unless he's going to be taking snaps, kicking, or punting, I think he has to change after the pre-season. On a side note, let's say he wants 6. Can the Pats declare him a QB (I know there's rules about the 3rd qb entering the game) or Kicker? He can wear the number, but go out for a pass since he's at the WR position. I've seen the Falcons line Vick up at WR or RB and he's #7 and declared as a qb.

KISSwall09.jpg

Is that really that big of a deal?

I suppose it would be if somebody were itchin' to be one of the first with a customized Randy Moss jersey.

Yah I guess so, I didn't think of that.

Am I the only one who thinks the NFL number rules are completely retarded?

Hi, how are you?

I suppose it would be if somebody were itchin' to be one of the first with a customized Randy Moss jersey.

I don't know if you're the only one, but I for one don't think they are retarded at all. I have not noticed anything slow in their development, nor do I think they are bad rules. Perfect - no, but necessary and not bad.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't know if you're the only one, but I for one don't think they are retarded at all. I have not noticed anything slow in their development, nor do I think they are bad rules. Perfect - no, but necessary and not bad.

Just Curious why do you think they're necessay I don't follow football very much.

Hi, how are you?

Just Curious why do you think they're necessay I don't follow football very much.

I like how you can watch a team you aren't familiar with and have a pretty good idea what position people play just by looking at their number. I also think it looks more professional to have things standardized, as opposed to college and high-school where anyone can wear any number (within the eligibility rules) and you have single-digit RBs and WRs. It's kind of like in hockey how goalies traditionally wear 30s or 1, and defensemen typically are single-digit. As time goes by, those traditions are starting to fade, but I think it is great that if you look at pictures of all-time great goalies, you'll see a ton of 1s and 33s (maybe 31s if you stretch it.) Same thing in football. I like that when you look at all time great running backs you see tons of 32s, 33s, 34s, etc. QBs 7s, 12s, and 16s. Obviously there are exceptions, but I think it is a great tradition. Now that I've written it out, maybe my reasons aren't that good, but I like it anyway. :P

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

NFL.com lists Randy Moss as wearing #18 for the Pats. Since the league is concerned with marketing above all else, I'd say that's a pretty safe bet, although the Patriots' official web site doesn't list him as having a number yet.

Maybe the #6 he has been wearing in practice is because he's on his third team, and 18/3=6?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

NFL.com lists Randy Moss as wearing #18 for the Pats. Since the league is concerned with marketing above all else, I'd say that's a pretty safe bet, although the Patriots' official web site doesn't list him as having a number yet.

Maybe the #6 he has been wearing in practice is because he's on his third team, and 18/3=6?

That's my theory...

but donte stalworth has number 18 and wore it in OTA's

Are you serious? Did I miss something about the NFL receiver number rules? I know he was wearing a single digit, but unless he's going to be taking snaps, kicking, or punting, I think he has to change after the pre-season. On a side note, let's say he wants 6. Can the Pats declare him a QB (I know there's rules about the 3rd qb entering the game) or Kicker? He can wear the number, but go out for a pass since he's at the WR position. I've seen the Falcons line Vick up at WR or RB and he's #7 and declared as a qb.

I'm pretty positive that recievers can wear numbers 1 through 19 and numbers 80 through 89.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

11-19, 80-89.

They may be able to wear 10 too, I'm not sure. Definitely not 1-9.

But Donte Stallworth was there before Randy Moss, when there were still those numbers left.

MegatronSig2.jpg

But Donte Stallworth was there before Randy Moss, when there were still those numbers left.

True... upon closer inspection, NFL.com lists both Moss and Stallworth as wearing #18.

My theory is that each of them will take an eighth into a VW Bus, and the first one to emerge with bloodshot eyes and an empty baggie gets the number.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I follow football, and personally I don't see the problem at all. If Moss want's to wear #6, he should be able to because he'd be the one to have to work to remain on the team. Plus, if its that big of a deal to the NFL about certain receivers having specific numbers why are some players still in the NFL after shocking events being told about them. *cough cough Pac Man and Vick hack hack*

Sorry but thats my opinion. They should really concentrate more on the players than the jersey numbers, who cares what number they want.

coziv2copyzt7.jpg

I follow football, and personally I don't see the problem at all. If Moss want's to wear #6, he should be able to because he'd be the one to have to work to remain on the team. Plus, if its that big of a deal to the NFL about certain receivers having specific numbers why are some players still in the NFL after shocking events being told about them. *cough cough Pac Man and Vick hack hack*

Sorry but thats my opinion. They should really concentrate more on the players than the jersey numbers, who cares what number they want.

The argument that "It's OK because other people are doing worse things" is pretty specious.

Archived