What is this field?

mjrbaseball

I was playing around with Google Earth, looking at stadiums all over the world, when I decided to check out the image of the Los Angeles Coliseum. I noticed that the field was marked with an unfamiliar configuration ... kind of like a mini-football field. Does anyone know what sport this is for, and what teams might be marked on the field?

LAcoliseum.jpg

Full stadium -- note how far from the lower stands the field is, and how small it is compared to the full stadium.

LAfield.jpg

Close-up of the field itself -- It looks like it might be Arena-sized football, but outdoors. The west end zone looks like it is red with a black star in it, and the east end zone is blue, but the resolution isn't enough to tell what they say.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

I was playing around with Google Earth, looking at stadiums all over the world, when I decided to check out the image of the Los Angeles Coliseum. I noticed that the field was marked with an unfamiliar configuration ... kind of like a mini-football field. Does anyone know what sport this is for, and what teams might be marked on the field?

LAcoliseum.jpg

Full stadium -- note how far from the lower stands the field is, and how small it is compared to the full stadium.

LAfield.jpg

Close-up of the field itself -- It looks like it might be Arena-sized football, but outdoors. The west end zone looks like it is red with a black star in it, and the east end zone is blue, but the resolution isn't enough to tell what they say.

I think that was the field for the Lingerie Bowl a few years back, but I'm not sure.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

LAcoliseum.jpg

LAfield.jpg

I think that was the field for the Lingerie Bowl a few years back, but I'm not sure.

It was indeed for the Lingerie Bowl, the first one was played at the Coliseum. They played on a 50-yard field, as you already see above.

It was indeed for the Lingerie Bowl, the first one was played at the Coliseum. They played on a 50-yard field, as you already see above.

Aha!

So anyone using Google Earth looking at football stadiums would find many facilities marked with fields for NCAA schools or NFL teams, except for the L.A. Coliseum which features the Lingerie Bowl.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Archived