SF Giants

Discrim

SF Giants

I'm sure a lot of you remember my 'chainlink' Giants set from a while back, a result of a little bad info on my part. For the most part...THIS is what I meant to do.

um...this is the part where you scroll down ;)

home cream

giantshome.png

road gold

giantsroad.png

alt/WS special all black

giantsblack.png

for the blacks, I did consider black lettering like they had on their old alts, but one, I'd be a hypocrite, and two, that black-on-black was barely legible on plain black. black and orange plaid? Forget it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Pritch: it's plaid, actually. the board had dubbed the old set "chainlink" cus that version had diagonal checks. since I forgot to mention it in the first post, it's as good a time as any to mention where I got the inspiration for it, both the first time around and now:

nl_1916_newyork.gif

1916 NY Giants...and the all black, if you aint brushed up on your baseball history, is taken from John McGraw's old practice of putting his nine in special all-black unis in the World Series.

Kinger: shoot, you got me thinking of this one guy who wore a gray zoot suit to school for a prom week spirit day, 80s prom day I think was the theme. :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

Dang, 'Scrim, sure is a unique set you have here, like all of your designs. I say drop the "Giants" wordmark under the number on the away uniform. There is already an "SF" on the other side of the jersey, so I think having the "Giants" wordmark on the other side is unnecessary. Other than that, leave it the way it is. It sure is a unique set, and I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Giants wear something like this as a throwback or promotional uniform someday.

-E.A.R.

Ah, Discrim. What's left to say that hasn't already been said? :D

Joey Joe Joe Shabadoo...that's what ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

I think the road uniform is too busy. But overall, I don't think it is possible to imagine a rational, ordered universe in which pinstripes can be considered acceptable uniform elements but plaid cannot be. Nice home uniform in particular.

20082614447.png

Archived