Boston City FC

patsox

I live 20 miles south of Boston. I know people don't call it Boston City, alright. Would you rather hear Real Boston or Boston Arsenal?

Real Boston is more ridiculous even than Real Salt Lake. Of your choices, I would go with Boston Arsenal. But before you do that, try to think of some of the neighborhoods of Boston, and formulate a name that way (like Chelsea or Tottenham in London, for instance). As an example, here in Chicago, I might call a team "Hyde Park FC", after a prominent near-south side neighborhood (if, of course, they played there). To my knowledge there is a Hyde Park in Boston if you really like that name, but upon further research, Roxbury Athletic sounds pretty awesome, as does Roslindale FC, among others. Do some research and think of something that sounds interesting (or use one of the above), and then go with it.

BostonArsenalFC-1.png

1) Ties in with Revolution/Revolutionary War Theme; could work as Revolution name change if they ever built a stadium on say the Boston Waterfront (although unlikely to happen).

2) Could be part of a deal with the Arsenal located in England

3) Sounds better than Boston City in my opinion while still maintaining a traditional football-type name

C+C please

The crest is too busy now...and Im not sold on the colors either...the main shade of blue matches the Boston flag, but the Burgundy is off...too similar to the rapids. Stick with the yellow with slight green accents.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

you've got some real depth issues with that cannon blast.

the cannon is attached to the outermost outline (or maybe even on top of it, but i'll say it's attached), which appears to be the foreground.

then you've got a BOSTON ARSENAL stripe, that based on where the circle meets the bar, is BEHIND the cannon.

then BEHIND that stripe, is a building.

that's all fine... the problem is, you have the soccer/cannon ball's "stream" even behind the building....

so for the cannon to be shooting that soccer ball, it would have to arch behind a stripe and a building...

it just doesn't make sense in that way.

also, is the barrel of the cannon covered? if so, how's it shooting the ball?

Archived