Boston City FC

patsox

Definitely the bottom one. I like it. Maybe even Beantown FC as a name but then again, it's fine how it is. The colors flow nicely, it's well executed. Nice job.

-E.A.R.

friggin beautiful, man!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Looks really good. The ball needs a bit of work...I would simplify it since the shapes in the background are flat in comparison...the ball pops too much...other than that this is nice.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I didn't know there was a John Hancock building in Boston, too. (There's a prominent building in Chicago of the same name, for those that were unaware). Question: Is there anything awkward about the name "Boston City?" Not trying to nitpick, because as has been stated above, this is far and away the best thing you've done, Patsox, but I didn't know if people referred to it as Boston City. Like, if I said "Chicago City," that would be weird. Unless, of course you're saying that this is the "city football club of Boston" as opposed to the "football club of Boston City."

Replace the green with dark blue, and simplify the ball as someone said and this is very nice. Really nice job! I also think the lines from the ball should wrap around the building more, if you know what I mean.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Looks good, but a couple of comments:

Colors are a little weird -- purple, blue, lime green and yellow. Maybe something a bit more traditional?

I'd kill the soccer ball, or maybe put a ball in that's a bit more stylized. The one you have is kind of cheap-looking.

Are those waves at the bottom?

The lines trailing the ball remind me of the Zakim Bunker Hill Bridge pic below. In fact, that's what I thought you were going for. Maybe incorporate that somehow?

MENN-Zakim.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I was thinking of how to incorporate the Bunker Hill Bridge, but

1) I think it might be a tad to complex for what I'm going for with this crest.

2) It would be impossible to incorporate the Hancock building and the Zakim Bridge, because they simply aren't close enough.

If anyone else or myself can think of a way to incorporate one or both elements, tell me and I'll try and do so.

Boston City Flag

The colors leave me a little flat, but I must agree with everyone here that this is the best design that I've seen you do.

Regarding your question on including both the Zakim Bridge and the Hancock building, why not use both? Put the Zakim Bridge in the background. Just because they aren't close enough in real life doesn't mean you need to restrict that from your design. Put the bridge in the background to fill out the logo a bit more. That's my opinion at least.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I like how you incorporated the stripes from the logo onto the uniforms, but revamp the kits. Right now, the colors aren't working. Perhaps switching the colors around or altering the striping pattern will make the colors pop out and not blend together as much.

-E.A.R.

i agree with duderino, nobody says Boston City, you might hear Boston, Beantown, B-Town, i have even heard Celtic City more than i have heard boston city. that should tell you something.

I live 20 miles south of Boston. I know people don't call it Boston City, alright. Would you rather hear Real Boston or Boston Arsenal?

Just so you know I am open to other names and am thinking of them constantly.

Archived