Tampa Bay Lightning Rebrand

elliott

Well I am planning to do a concept for the Lightning, but I came up with this logo a while ago and I have been refining it. I like where it is going, but I am not completely satisfied with it.

Let me explain it: It is a TB obviously (I hope :P ), but I also have a bolt in there, and if you look closely you will see a hockey stick.

This is the part I am not completely happy with as it is a little too suttle for my liking. I need some help with this aspect and maybe others.

C+C?

tblightningrebrand.gif

I like where you're going with this, but its too cluttered for it to work right now.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

This is tough, I like it, but I don't. It works, but it doesn't. It reminds me a bit of the Loonatics spoof someone did with "Buzzed Bunny" and he was EXTREEEEEME! I like where you're going with it, but like has been mentioned before, there's really no clear "B." I think if you keep toying with it and tone down the "extreme-ness" and figure a way to show a clear "B" you'll have a winner.

A noble effort, but I think this one's guilty of trying to be everything to everyone and not being up to the challenge.

Logos that are able to fulfill multiple roles while being attractive are rare. Some work well, like the Expos' "M" that also was a "e" and "b". The ball & glove from the Brewers also pulled it off capably, though its usefulness as an appropriate team insignia is a debate for another time. But most of the time, it comes out looking forced. Think of the Washington Wizards' logo - the funky, almost abstract wizard... whose beard forms a "W", as if everyone with a long white beard cuts a triangle into the bottom. Simply put, it's overwrought trying to be a clever monogram AND a picture of a wizard.

And so it is with this. It's going to be damn near impossible to be a "TB" monogram... AND a lightning bolt... AND have ahockey stick thrown in for good measure. Better to drop one (or even two) of your objectives and focus on hitting the one (or two) left over. Because you're trying to come up with one magical logo that can be everything you're shooting for, and you're missing all of your intended targets. Better to go 1 for 3 than 0 for 3. But I commend you for your effort. Just simplify. Prioritize what you want this to be, and redirect your efforts that way.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like the way the whole concept looks on the 2-D depictions. But on the player, the crest is entirely too small, and the side panels are entirely too large. They creep onto the front (and I'd presume, the back) of the sweater and dominate the look, when the crest should probably be the focus of the front of the sweater.

The logo is much improved from the first time you posted. Good work on this!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived