2008 MLB All-Star Game

slapshot

ok...one suggestion, and i think it would be PERFECTION...make the grey area above home plate white to represent the pinstriped uniforms (keeping the grey outline around the diamond and wordmark) - i think this will also help you balance the white in the facade...oh and maybe change the font for 2008 to something that more closely resembles the yankees number font...ok, so that's w suggestions

i also like the ones on the left and prefer the one with the ny....

jldesigns404eo.png

No offense, but these are not that great. This is not one cohesive logo...it's six different elements (stadium, pinstripes, diamond, home plate, font and team/MLB logo) crammed together. It's too block-y, and would not look good in any application (embroidery/patch, broadcast, print).

The phrase "All-Star Game' HAS to be the main focus of any All-Star Game logo (i.e. New Orleans' 2008 NBA ASG logo). In your concept, it ranks probably 4th at best in terms of what your eye sees first.

That's why the official ASG logo works, the stadium archways are secondary to the All-Star Game wordmark.

Cards.png

I see your point. Do you think it would work better if the All-Star Game wordmark were bigger (more prominent than the arches), and the home plate integrated better into the diamond shape?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I see your point. Do you think it would work better if the All-Star Game wordmark were bigger (more prominent than the arches), and the home plate integrated better into the diamond shape?

I would. I also think the archways (whatever you want to call them) should be smaller, or better yet, replicate the entire field dimension instead of just the diamond (since the archways are not directly above or attached to the infield diamond.

I also would use something other than Trajan Pro (the BIGGEST problem with the official logo). I don't know what says "Yankees" and "classic," but I do know that Trajan Pro is not it. The logo needs something with a thicker weight to make it pop out.

Cards.png

I agree that Trajan Pro is not a good choice, which is what gives it the bank logo feel a lot of people have associated with it. That's why I used Agency Bold in the left hand versions.

I tried a version with the field shape instead of the diamond, but it ended up looking too amorphic, which ruined the All-Star Game feel.

I tried to incorporate some of your advice with these revisions (one with the MLB logo, the other with the closest thing to the Yankees cap logo I have).

mlbasg08.gif

Much better, but "All-Star Game" is too wide. Might I suggest having "All-Star" on a line above "Game"? That would keep the logo in a "box" and universal for any application.

Also, since the Yankees don't wear pinstripes on their gray/away uniform, I don't think having a gray background works well. Try a white one with blue pinstripes instead.

Cards.png

Updated, using BlackJack's suggestions (except spacing All-Star Game out to too lines...it was way too vertical). Bottom version is the update.

I also changed "Major League Baseball" to red, just so the red star didn't look too arbitrary. I also increased the length of the outer façade posts to give the MLB line more room.

mlbasg08-2.gif

Archived