Colorado Avalanche question

kiwi_canadian

Yes, you were seeing right, the Avs did indeed wear black helmets with their then-home whites for their first few home games, notably their debut against the Wings. Heh, I think it might look better that way, but then again I got very accustomed to the Milwaukee Admirals wearing blue helmets for every game until the last couple seasons the previous red jerseys were in use.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Yes, you were seeing right, the Avs did indeed wear black helmets with their then-home whites for their first few home games, notably their debut against the Wings. Heh, I think it might look better that way, but then again I got very accustomed to the Milwaukee Admirals wearing blue helmets for every game until the last couple seasons the previous red jerseys were in use.

Ah yes, I recall that game. I was in Cannon Beach when I watched it. Well now I can sleep easy knowing that I was not seeing things

Ah yes, I recall that game. I was in Cannon Beach when I watched it. Well now I can sleep easy knowing that I was not seeing things

I'm an Avs fan (duh!) and I like the white shirt - black helmet look... Maybe now that white shirts are the away unis, the league could consider allowing this combo (even though the NHL rulebook clearly states that "...no part of the uniform shall be exchangeable (home/away) except the pants...")

I've seen this helmet color matching on international competitions and to me it looks great sometimes and at worst it gives you options; for instance, I like how Sweeden looks with their yellow jerseys and blue helmets, but I don't care a lot for Germany wearing all black and white helmets:

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/sports/sweden_hockey060217get.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/images/oly98/photos/japanhock_020798reu.jpg

heh, I recall when the USA always wore white helmets, which wasn't too long ago, and I think like with the Admirals example I mentioned before, I simply got used to it, though I didn't like it nearly as much. I think it largely has to do with the fact that everybody laughs their asses off at the Capitals' original red sweater/white pants combo, so nobody wants to go through that. If not for that, white helmets and colored jerseys might actually be passable, but as it is white helmets only really look right with white sweaters.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived