Awesome new hockey team concept

rheistad

First -- let me get this out of the way so we can move on--the alternat logo looks like the BC Lions logo.

There that's done with--

as for the primary logo--I'm not sure why, but the wolf looks happy.  I don't know if that's what you were going for.

As for the uni itself--I like the combination of colours and how they complement the stripe scheme.  And they fit the logo--which I do like, even if it looks happy.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I like avenger?'s template...

Well i think you need to work on your shading, but i can see you have some interesting ideas with angles, and i think the colors work well.  Winnipeg Wolves flows nicely.  Id suggest taking a picture of a wolf, and pen tooling around it, and playing with different shading and accent techniques, but nice job for your second logo.

i even said its a modified logo of my cougar logo that is similar to the bc lions logo..... and would you think its a happy would when he is ready to bite, his mouth is open he aint smiling and his ears are caulked back

Rule #1... never criticize your critics. They always have the last word, and despite what you have intended and what is the reality, they're commenting on their perception, and if they see it like that, then others might, and thus perception becomes reality. Don't know if that made sense, but that's how it works.

Rule #2... of course Winnipeg Wolves is a good name. I used it for my True North Football Federation team... posted this concept a while back. It's a great name, just not for a Winnipeg NHL team. :)

...and he does look like he's kinda happy... he's got the bowl-shaped mouth thing happening (kinda like this dude -> :D), regardless of whether his teeth are bared. Nice concepts though... as you continue to work on different concepts,  you'll see them improve and learn from the feedback... so whatever you do, don't stop trying.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

My mentioning of the similarity to the BC Lions (and your cougar) was not meant as criticism--I was just getting it out of the way--that's all--hey maybe that's your signature in a way. So that's all I intended by that--to get it out of the way.

And I did say I liked the logo--just wanted to point out he looks happy--so if that's what you want--great. On the other hand if you don't want a happy wolf--well then you know some people think he looks happy.

The great thing about advice and crititcism--you don't have to take it, (although you usually have to hear it.)

I'm sure if I posted more things I'd get more criticism.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

thanks, i think in the short time ive been here my logos and uniforms have really progressed, syphi you are my idle

Them's some poorly placed aspirations... :;):

I'll take it as a compliment.

...you say you wanna be like me for my concepts, but you really just wanna be able to cheer for a winning CFL team... :P

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

im a reformd green riders fan, now i love the lions ever since i moved to bc, its my family trait to like saskatchewan though

wow... may i say good ridence to a fair weather fan... born with rider green in my veins and ill die with rider green in my veins... lol... though I'm glad to see JC (Jason Clermont not Jesus Christ) is making Roy Shivers look like a total dumbass... the former Ram is getting it done... i say he will be in the NFL come his option year... he had tryouts with the Colts before he was drafted in the CFL and shivers said he never heard of him... atta be Roy...

but back to the topic at hand... i like the jerseys... the logo needs some work but its a good start, seems really plain... shading would definately kick it up a notch... it looks really friendly rather than intimidating, the like the cutesy puma pride from simpsons rather than the kickass puma pride with the valkarye... and yeah the secondary looks more like a cat than a wolf... BC lion or not... unless they are crossbreeding wolves with cougars nowadays...lol

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

... the logo needs some work but its a good start, seems really plain... shading would definately kick it up a notch... it looks really friendly rather than intimidating

Yeah I totally agree with GMac on this one. It is a good start for the basic shape maybe. A little fiercer teeth, without gaps, would look good and maybe an angrier eyes and a more defined nose. Good start rheistad!

:angry: Umm how the heck would I be able to see the logos, and etc?? I tried to click on the link and got another window of the same site (ChrisCreamer.com) and I have trired again and again..can ya post the logos in here for me to view and I wish some of ya would quit using geocities to post your logos..i cannot view them as that page of Geocities says sorry the image cannot be found for viewing..ugh.....hopefully that will clear up some problems or so..sorry for ranting in here... :(

Its not too bad but you need to changes the colors they are too hard to see, and too close to each other.

If you are sitting in stands you will never see the logo.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Its not too bad but you need to changes the colors they are too hard to see, and too close to each other.

If you are sitting in stands you will never see the logo.

One thing you can try is putting concepts in video games.

Then play a  game with them and see how they show up.

Archived