Eastern Michigan Rebranding

KJTALBOT

• 3 weeks later...

The university unveiled new Academic marks on 9/7.

We have to wait until later in September to get the athletic ones.

It seems strange to do this in the middle of football season.

They aren't going to change the unis or helmets mid season.

Everyone loves a roundel.

So the 7th has come and gone, and all they have to show is a crappy slogan, a PowerPoint that looks like it was put together in 5 minutes, some really dull billboards and a logo that looks like it came from clip art (not to mention some dumba** forgot to leave whitespace around the logos).

Wow.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

They should go back to Hurons.

Agreed, if Central Michigan can be the Chippewas, then Eastern can be the Hurons.

Just as long as EMU doesn't bring in the Flying E. :D

Your sig is humongous. Tone it down there, champ.

:blink::therock:

What are you talking about, it's not that big.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Making changes to your logo isn't going to make covered up murders go away!!

Eastern has a very tarnished image around this part of the state, and a growing bad reputation around the country. They're doing everything in their power to get away from their poor image. Whatever they think will work.

The E logo looks weird to me. Are the curves inside the E supposed to represent something? Is there a hidden image I'm missing?

PS: Unrelated to logos: Jones Soda has put out a commemorative bottle in the memory of Laura Dickinson, the girl murdered on EMU campus. If anyone finds any could you please let me know. Laura was a member of the Crew team (rowing), and so was my girlfriend. Members of the team are looking for them but having no luck. If you find any please let me know so I can inform the girls. Much appreciated!

http://www.sharelaurashope.com/

Archived