fictional collegiate conferences

HarperK

Made these awhile ago for a fictional league, and another thread made me want to post them. So here they are, ready for critique. (Although the chances of me changing them are very small to be honest)

WCC.png

GCC.png

PC.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I think there's already a WCC?

That Gulf Coast one is amazing, I love it.

Yep, Gonzaga, Pepperdine, Loyola Marymount, and others are in the WCC.

Isnt that the WAC?

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

GCC.png

I'd try to put some sort of pattern or texture in the white area. When I first saw it my eyes were drawn to the blue part, and I was trying to figure out what it was...it took me a second look to realize that it was water and the white area was the Gulf Coast landmass. When you just glance at it, it looks more like a deformed ocean wave with foam (at least that's what I saw). Something to make the landmass stand out more would really make this a great logo.

GCC.png

I'd try to put some sort of pattern or texture in the white area. When I first saw it my eyes were drawn to the blue part, and I was trying to figure out what it was...it took me a second look to realize that it was water and the white area was the Gulf Coast landmass. When you just glance at it, it looks more like a deformed ocean wave with foam (at least that's what I saw). Something to make the landmass stand out more would really make this a great logo.

Same here... I actually thought it was supposed to be a wave at first.

I like the GLC one the best followed by the ECC (which is also a defunct D1 league, IIRC).

i'm with some others here...initially i thought both the gulf coast and east coast were backwords (or upside down)...for some reason my eye/mind did not read the white area as the land and the blue area as the ocean...i think it's because the ocean is darker and draws your eye to it...i got the glc logo right away, because my eye went DIRECTLY to the lakes, but in the others my eye went to the ocean first and then i had to figure out what the white shape was from there...if you're going to make changes, maybe try a different color for the land?

otherwise, these are really nice...i could actually see each of them being used by a legit conference...good work

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived