Great Southwest Conference

illwauk

Big North Conference

Before I go on, I figured I'd explain the lil' project I'm doing that's behind all of these logos.

Basically, I came up with a way for the NCAA to limit the size and reach of some of these conferences. First off... no conferences can be larger than 10 schools. Secondly, there's a new territorial rule that only allows one gap in the states covered by a conferences with the following exceptions:

-The New England states (because they're so small) are counted as one state (basically, a conference can conceivably have a school anywhere in New England as long as they had at least one in NY, NJ or PA).

-Washington DC schools can count as if they were in Maryland or Virginia for territorial purposes.

-Schools in Alaska and Hawaii are exempt from all territorial rules.

It's not mandatory for the conferences to follow these rules, but violating them limits all but one team in the conference from participating in NCAA tournaments. That allows smaller conferences (who wouldn't have more than one school in the tourney anyway) to have more flexibility.

Anyway, back to the logo. I was originally going to call it the Desert Southwest, but then I looked at the schools that would make up the league (basically, the C-USA West joined by the smaller Texas schools from the Big XII) and realized only 3 of them are actually in the middle of a desert. I also thought about beveling, but I thought that would make it too complex for a conference logo (aside from beveling becoming extremely cliched).

You know what to do...

gswc-1.png

I dunno about this one, the colors and the font looks good, but I feel like this one should have a little more design into it. Such as putting TX, OK, and LA in it or something, or have something that represents the region in it or something.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I dunno about this one, the colors and the font looks good, but I feel like this one should have a little more design into it. Such as putting TX, OK, and LA in it or something, or have something that represents the region in it or something.

I hear you, but I think using state outlines for the sake of using them is a cliche of older conference logos. I'd rather not use them unless the conference name doesn't give any clues as far as where its schools are (like the Horizon League, for example).

Thanks for the comments though...

Archived