Twins groundbreaking

dutyfree

I think this is kind of cute....

groundbreaking_logo_sm.gif

The last thing any team wants to hear about a logo of theirs or anything of theirs, "cute". *LOL*

Well, I tried to come up with a more masculine description, I did.

Truth is, it looks like a well done illustration from a children's book.

"Hey kids, it's Frankie, the baseball shovel!!!"

God, I'm happy they went back to the TC logo. They should have it on the road caps as well, but that's just me.

Hey Mockba, since you're a Twin Citian as well, do you see anybody around town wearing an "M" cap anymore?

it is simply a groundbreaking logo folks, literally. No need to get so snippy. How many teams would even bother creating such an image in the first place?

Only the coolest teams in the WORLD create groundbreaking logos!!! Everyone else are total dweebazoids!!!

The last thing any team wants to hear about a logo of theirs or anything of theirs, "cute". *LOL*

God, I'm happy they went back to the TC logo. They should have it on the road caps as well, but that's just me.

Hey Mockba, since you're a Twin Citian as well, do you see anybody around town wearing an "M" cap anymore?

Though not a Twin Citian, I live about 100 miles away and I can tell you that no one hardly wears the "M" hat anymore. It's almost relegated to Red TC cap status.

Army Commo - "You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!"

Though not a Twin Citian, I live about 100 miles away and I can tell you that no one hardly wears the "M" hat anymore. It's almost relegated to Red TC cap status.

I wear the "M" hat if I am at a Twins road game, which is usually the case since I don't live in the Twin Cities. In fact, I enjoy my new 5950 version, better fit.

If you go to the Metrodome, you will notice most of the vendors walking the stands still wear the "M" hats.

I wear the "M" hat if I am at a Twins road game, which is usually the case since I don't live in the Twin Cities. In fact, I enjoy my new 5950 version, better fit.

If you go to the Metrodome, you will notice most of the vendors walking the stands still wear the "M" hats.

I can add that when I was going to the University of Minnesota the past few years, I don't think I ever saw the "M" hat--it was all various incarnation of the "TC" hat. I'm a Minnesota transplant, but the only Twins hats I own are 3930 TC hats (03 BP, Blue wool, Red wool).

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

The "TC" logo is clearly the one of choice with the fans here. Just yesterday someone told me that the only redeeming quality to the "M" hat is it's association with the World Series victories and Kirby Puckett.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The "TC" logo is clearly the one of choice with the fans here. Just yesterday someone told me that the only redeeming quality to the "M" hat is it's association with the World Series victories and Kirby Puckett.

When I was back in Minny this summer, I saw the same thing: Lots of blue TC caps, and about as many red TC caps as blue M caps. Maybe 75-15-10 in terms of proportions of TC to M to red TC.

Makes me wonder why. After all, the TC caps did not linger when the team switched to the M 20+ years ago. There was rapid and seemingly ubiquitous adoption of the M cap. Really, by summer of '87 boys my age would have been ashamed to be wearing the old loser TC caps. You know, as far as redeeming qualities go, "My team is 2-0 in the World Series wearing this cap, 0-1 without it," and, "it's the cap everyone's favorite players wore" are pretty solid. And it's not like the TC is any kind of well-designed cap logo. It's not. Probably the single worst-designed cap in all of MLB. I mean, I own a TC cap and wear it proudly, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a piss-poor design. The red C is just too low-contrast with the blue cap, making it a broken-T cap in most lighting conditions.

But I digress. My point is that I just don't understand why the TC would take over from the M like it has, given how popular the M was when it was introduced. Did the late-1990s Ron Coomer-era Twins really suck badly enough to alienate people from the M logo for all time?

Then again, I also saw something in Minnesota this summer that I'd never, ever seen before: A Confederate flag sticker on a car with Minnesota plates. Things have certainly changed in the nine years since I last lived in Minnesota!

20082614447.png

When I was back in Minny this summer, I saw the same thing: Lots of blue TC caps, and about as many red TC caps as blue M caps. Maybe 75-15-10 in terms of proportions of TC to M to red TC.

Makes me wonder why. After all, the TC caps did not linger when the team switched to the M 20+ years ago. There was rapid and seemingly ubiquitous adoption of the M cap. Really, by summer of '87 boys my age would have been ashamed to be wearing the old loser TC caps. You know, as far as redeeming qualities go, "My team is 2-0 in the World Series wearing this cap, 0-1 without it," and, "it's the cap everyone's favorite players wore" are pretty solid. And it's not like the TC is any kind of well-designed cap logo. It's not. Probably the single worst-designed cap in all of MLB. I mean, I own a TC cap and wear it proudly, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a piss-poor design. The red C is just too low-contrast with the blue cap, making it a broken-T cap in most lighting conditions.

But I digress. My point is that I just don't understand why the TC would take over from the M like it has, given how popular the M was when it was introduced. Did the late-1990s Ron Coomer-era Twins really suck badly enough to alienate people from the M logo for all time?

Then again, I also saw something in Minnesota this summer that I'd never, ever seen before: A Confederate flag sticker on a car with Minnesota plates. Things have certainly changed in the nine years since I last lived in Minnesota!

I think it might be because the 'M' is just so boring and the 'TC' has the history behind it and that classic baseball hat logo look. Its just a great hat logo. Not to mention that when you put a wishbone 'C' into a logo its an instant winner IMO.

BTW, anyone else think the shadow cast by the logo/shovel looks like an anchor? Just found it kind of funny. Any computer generated pics or drawings of the new ballpark? I guess I'll just google it and see for myself.

I think it might be because the 'M' is just so boring and the 'TC' has the history behind it and that classic baseball hat logo look. Its just a great hat logo. Not to mention that when you put a wishbone 'C' into a logo its an instant winner IMO.

My theory is that the "M" logo, though stylized, is still pretty generic in its reference. "M" could stand for any number of places. "TC" on the other hand is unique--when I wear my "TC" hats outside of Minnesota, I get a lot of questions like "I know it's a Twins hat, but what does 'TC' actually stand for?" The one thing the "TC" design has going for it is that interlocking letters have a nostalgic, traditional baseball feel to them.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

My theory is that the "M" logo, though stylized, is still pretty generic in its reference. "M" could stand for any number of places. "TC" on the other hand is unique--when I wear my "TC" hats outside of Minnesota, I get a lot of questions like "I know it's a Twins hat, but what does 'TC' actually stand for?" The one thing the "TC" design has going for it is that interlocking letters have a nostalgic, traditional baseball feel to them.

I do see the TC hats more of course, but still see some people wearing the M hat. When I am at the Dome, I wear the TC. Road the M.

By the way, the Twins are finally wearing the sleeveless today, which I had a feeling would happen today :)

By the way, the Twins are finally wearing the sleeveless today, which I had a feeling would happen today :)

I'll have to keep an eye out for that while I'm in a suite at the Dome. :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived