- - - Las Vegas Bowl - - -

Washington vs. Air Force

- - - New Orleans Bowl - - -

Troy vs. Central Florida

- - - Poinsetta Bowl - - -

BYU vs. Washington St.

Questions Comments?

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

The only projection I will make is that there will be only one unbeaten team in the nation going into the bowls, and that they will NOT be in the title game.

Mount Union's D-III. Deal with it.

Hawaii's defense is worse than we thought too, so undefeated season looks less likely if that's what you were getting at.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hawaii's defense is worse than we thought too, so undefeated season looks less likely if that's what you were getting at.

Worse than you thought? Hawaii's best defensive scheme is having Colt Brennan hold onto the ball.

Anyway, Georgia's not going to be in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl a second season in a row. Assuming two SEC teams go to the BCS Bowls (depending on how the season shakes out), Georgia's got a good shot at going to the Capital One Bowl or Outback Bowl. The Cotton Bowl traditionally selects a SEC West team. The way I see it, the three teams the Chick-Fil-A Bowl will select from will be Auburn, Tennessee, and South Carolina. The Cotton Bowl's probably gonna take Alabama if they finish second in the West.

Worse than you thought? Hawaii's best defensive scheme is having Colt Brennan hold onto the ball.

I had previously thought they might be capable of "a stop" (to use arena-league terminology ^_^ ). Now, I'm not sure.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

WAY too early for this. At least wait until the end of October. The only thing that's really a lock is USC vs. LSU in the BCS NCG because nobody's beating either one of those teams.
I have LSU using to Florida in the SEC title game, and USC dropping one along the way somewhere. As it is, all I have in FBS as unbeaten is Hawaii, and we both know that if you're not the champ of a BCS conference, you're not going to get a spot in the national title game anymore.

LvZYtbZ.png

WAY too early for this. At least wait until the end of October. The only thing that's really a lock is USC vs. LSU in the BCS NCG because nobody's beating either one of those teams.

USC might lose one in conference. I'm with willmorris in thinking that Florida and LSU will play twice and end up splitting the season series.

However...I think Oklahoma's going to finish the regular season unbeaten, so hello National Title Game.

Today, we are all otaku.

One thing is certain... there are WAY too many freakin' bowl games.

It never ceases to amaze me that people think there are too many bowl games. Based on what?

The number of teams in Division I-A (119), the number of bowl games being played (32 by my count, which is 64 teams), which means over half of the schools play postseason games.

Teams with 6-6 and 7-5 records shouldn't be going to bowl games. At most, there should be 16 bowl games. Reward really good seasons; not mediocre seasons. Bowl games featuring teams with 6-6 records aren't exciting except for the fans of the two teams involved, and the result is usually dictated by which sloppy team made fewer mistakes.

Reward the teams that win their conference or win at least 8 games.

Archived