Chicago Fire ncept

Dave Ship

Hi, just finished my latest concept. The idea is quite old but only now i've the time to complete this project.

Quick fact:

- keep their current color scheme;

- switched to Nike Corp. brand;

- big focus to the shape of the chest, especially about the line that run all arround the jersey.

I'm working on a brand new logo too. Does anybody of you know if the current shape of the Fire's logo has got a particular meaning, because it looks very weird for a soccer badge.

fireub6.png

I like the idea of the line running all the way around the jersey in theory, but on the field, I don't think it would have the intended effect. There are very few times that a player is going to be standing still, arms at his sides, during an actual game β€” and if they did, the coach would probably rip him a new one. But that line and its coherence seems to be very dependent on doing exactly that.

I'm also not feeling the sentence case ("Armas") on the nameplate. I've always felt it looks better in uppercase ("ARMAS").

As for the shape of the badge, it's a variation on a Maltese cross (EDIT: actually, on further investigation, it's not a Maltese cross. In fact, it is a cross of Saint Florian), which is used quite commonly by fire departments in their crests in North America. For example:

logo.jpg

fire%20patch.jpg

1105587548.jpg

{BE58C06A-7E1C-498F-A5B5-3B32DFCFFDCB}.JPG

Meh - it doesn't work for me like a lot of your concepts, 'nik.

For one, the upper/lowercase player names reeks of amateurism. For a league desperately trying to cast itself as a major league in the US, they'd need uniforms that reflect that, right down to the name font. The numbers aren't doing much for me either. I actually prefer that MLS uses one standard font, like the Premier League does. I just wish it wasn't black or white - the numbers would look striking in team colors.

Would it be too tacky to suggest that with a team name like Fire, some element of flames ought to be worked into the design?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Frankly, without a stripe across the chest, it isn't a Chicago Fire shirt.

Do those shirts not have actual sleeves?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded |Β Behance portfolio

Β 

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

UPDATE

fire2wo1.png

yikes. stripe is usually wider. the piping looks a bit strange as well, creating an effect that the sleeves are sewn to the sides of the shirt.

don't mess with the logo, there is a lot of meaning invested in it. a lot of fans don't like the star above the badge either and would just as soon not participate in that forced 'tradition'. should be a bit bigger relative to the shirt as well.

read up here, and look at some historical shirts we've worn.

http://chicago.fire.mlsnet.com/t100/load.j...content=history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cf97

also FYI :: Honda is just a league sponsor that remained on the backs of our shirts. ends after this season, and we are getting our own shirt-front sponsor. It won't be Honda, though it's probably fine as a placeholder; if a bit strange since Toyota is now a club sponsor (and bought naming rights to the stadium awhile back...).

Archived