Brazil thumps U.S. 4-0 at Women's World Cup

DarkJourney

I normally don't care about women's soccer, but this goalie thing is interesting. Hope Solo is a hottie, which helps it interesting I guess. But I hope the fall out of this leads to Nicole Barnhart becoming the starting goalie. I graduated with her and actually played little league with her so it would be cool to see her on the big stage. She is a very nice, smart and cool person.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

they didn't look to good out there, i think the field was wet and they just couldn't get a good flow going, seemed like Brazil was just a step quicker and better at retaining posession. the own goal followed by the second goal really deflated them, then just before half that stupid bs call for the second yellow care really spelled the end. the freaking brazil player tripped into the us player and she wasn't even looking....ugh

Greg Ryan is a douchebag. Come on, I know Scurry was awesome in the '99 World Cup, and in the Olympics from '96-'04, but Solo was right. It isn't 2004 and no matter how good Scurry has been in the past, she hasn't played in a full game in three months and Solo has only given up two goals all tournament and had three consecutive shutouts. I guess to continue playing in goal, you have to have four shutouts. Hopefully Ryan is canned for this bonehead move. I'll probably watch the game, considering it is on in about an hour and I won't be asleep, but damn, what a dumb move.

Oh yeah, and Hope Solo is hot, as has been noted numerous times in this thread.

I'm surprised Greg Ryan hasn't acquired a nickname like "Greedo" by now - or more fittingly, "Jabba the Hutt," for putting Han Hope Solo in the soccer equivalent of carbonite freeze. :vaderandluke:

CCSLC signature.png

I normally don't care about women's soccer, but this goalie thing is interesting. Hope Solo is a hottie, which helps it interesting I guess. But I hope the fall out of this leads to Nicole Barnhart becoming the starting goalie. I graduated with her and actually played little league with her so it would be cool to see her on the big stage. She is a very nice, smart and cool person.

You lose 1,000 points for being the first douche* in this thread to bring up physical beauty when discussing women's sports.

*Okay, "douche" is a little strong, but it happens every time. I'm just sayin'...

You lose 1,000 points for being the first douche* in this thread to bring up physical beauty when discussing women's sports.

*Okay, "douche" is a little strong, but it happens every time. I'm just sayin'...

I'm not saying I disagree with your point, but have you ever heard female fans talk about men's sports? More than a few will bring up looks. Men may argue over whether they prefer Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, but many (notice I didn't say all, because I know that is not true) women have already made up their minds (. . . and I'm pretty sure you can figure out who most of them have picked).

Just sticking close to home, there is a reason Brady Anderson and Brian Roberts have been fan favorites in Baltimore (especially among the 12-18 female set). There is also a reason my 25-year-old female cousin has a Kyle Boller jersey from his rookie year (with No. 8 instead of No. 7), when most Ravens fans were ready to run him out of town on a rail before this season.

I'm not saying it's right, but it is human nature. Eventually, almost everything comes back to sex.

BACK ON TOPIC -- Knowing the result, I don't even want to watch the game. That being said, Hope Solo was right to be angry about being benched (and it was probably the wrong move). However, she was definitely wrong to take shots at Brianna Scurry (which is what she did, whether she meant to or not).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived