Wow! Those awesome Buckeyes.

hormone

After watching all the upsets in football this weekend, I can't wait to see the new rankings. It's going to make me sick to see OSU climbing. They DON'T DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!

1) The big 10 is very weak this season

2) Their schedule has to be about the 115th most difficult in the country. They play every OH school known to man and now that PSU has lost two in a row, they might end up playing only 1 ranked opponent this year. How can a top 10, maybe top 5 program get away with this?

3) Their conference has no championship. While other conferences have to prove themselves in season and then again, the big 10 sits by and lets a team skate to the BCS.

In all honesty here, (now that I'm done ranting) how can you move up a team, any team, with such a weak schedule and conference?

KISSwall09.jpg

This happened last year. The only real good team they played was Michigan, and, of course, they got exposed in the Nat'l Championship by Florida. They aren't going to the 'ship this year, but they will definitely be exposed by someone, whether it be during the regular season or a bowl game.

But the explanation is that the system favors traditional powers. Which explains why FSU could be 7-6 and finish in the top 25 one year, why Michigan was (and may still be) getting consideration for a top 25 ranking, and why Notre Dame got into the BCS last year, even though they were nowhere near BCS level (as evidenced by LSU).

You have to take into account the fact while other teams are losing to sub par opponents, the Buckeyes keep winning. Is it their fault the Big 10 is weak? No. Is it their fault Washington isn't great now, even though they scheduled the game a few years ago? No. Could they have played more Ohio teams, like OU and Toledo? Yes, but they don't. Oklahoma, Clemson, Rutgers, and Texas all lost to unranked teams this week. The Buckeyes won on the road convincingly. And you are telling me that doesn't deserve some respect? If they had lost a game already, I agree that they probably don't deserve a top 20 ranking. But they have won every game. Year in and year out, the Coach Tressel puts good teams on the field and they deserve to be ranked accordingly.

3) Their conference has no championship. While other conferences have to prove themselves in season and then again, the big 10 sits by and lets a team skate to the BCS.

*Raise bull :censored: flag*

NCAA bylaws preclude the Big Ten from having a conference championship game to "prove" themselves in. It's not their fault; the Big Ten would have a championship game in a heartbeat if the NCAA would let them.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You have to take into account the fact while other teams are losing to sub par opponents, the Buckeyes keep winning. Is it their fault the Big 10 is weak? No. Is it their fault Washington isn't great now, even though they scheduled the game a few years ago? No. Could they have played more Ohio teams, like OU and Toledo? Yes, but they don't. Oklahoma, Clemson, Rutgers, and Texas all lost to unranked teams this week. The Buckeyes won on the road convincingly. And you are telling me that doesn't deserve some respect? If they had lost a game already, I agree that they probably don't deserve a top 20 ranking. But they have won every game. Year in and year out, the Coach Tressel puts good teams on the field and they deserve to be ranked accordingly.

But when you're the supposedly #4 team in the nation, and you pick up "convincing" wins against such powerhouses as Youngstown St., Akron, Washington, Northwestern, and Minnesota, that's expected of you.

But, alas, with that schedule they have, they have a good chance to run the table, and it'll probably be the weakest 12-0 team I've ever seen.

But when you're the supposedly #4 team in the nation, and you pick up "convincing" wins against such powerhouses as Youngstown St., Akron, Washington, Northwestern, and Minnesota, that's expected of you.

But, alas, with that schedule they have, they have a good chance to run the table, and it'll probably be the weakest 12-0 team I've ever seen.

They are playing at Purdue and Wisconsin. I think an OSU loss is plausible.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

AH, you're right. Purdue has a shot, and Wisconsin should take care of business.

Still, with the way the Big 10 is, consistency = championship. They're the most consistent team right now, so the title is theirs to lose.

Still not impressive, at least to me.

AH, you're right. Purdue has a shot, and Wisconsin should take care of business.

Still, with the way the Big 10 is, consistency = championship. They're the most consistent team right now, so the title is theirs to lose.

Still not impressive, at least to me.

Well, I think Wisconsin and Ohio State are overrated too. It's just that the nature of the built in bias of the preseason poll and their inability to lose props them up.

Today, we are all otaku.

After watching all the upsets in football this weekend, I can't wait to see the new rankings. It's going to make me sick to see OSU climbing. They DON'T DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!

1) The big 10 is very weak this season

2) Their schedule has to be about the 115th most difficult in the country. They play every OH school known to man and now that PSU has lost two in a row, they might end up playing only 1 ranked opponent this year. How can a top 10, maybe top 5 program get away with this?

In all honesty here, (now that I'm done ranting) how can you move up a team, any team, with such a weak schedule and conference?

Well excuse the :censored: out of us for not having the good sense to lose a game. What would you suggest? Perhaps Jim Tressel should have a press conference and tell voters that, despite being undefeated and handily beating a team that USC had all sorts of trouble with, they shouldn't vote the Buckeyes any higher than say 15th? Get over it. We're number four until we get knocked off; which may or may not happen. I don't think any Buckeye fans are planning on apologizing for being in the top 5 simply because you don't like it.

BB52Big.jpg

NCAA bylaws preclude the Big Ten from having a conference championship game to "prove" themselves in. It's not their fault; the Big Ten would have a championship game in a heartbeat if the NCAA would let them.

Not just that, but the Big Ten has done everything it can to get to 12 teams without diluting itself or causing a rift with one of the other major conferences. Notre Dame has constantly told them "no" even though they've left the 12th spot open for them for well over a decade.

I always thought that "12 teams for a championship game" rule was ridiculous... does anyone know why they even have it?

Not just that, but the Big Ten has done everything it can to get to 12 teams without diluting itself or causing a rift with one of the other major conferences. Notre Dame has constantly told them "no" even though they've left the 12th spot open for them for well over a decade.

I always thought that "12 teams for a championship game" rule was ridiculous... does anyone know why they even have it?

Not only that (and that), its's not the big ten's problem that other conferences have chosen to mess with the integrity of the regular season with a money-making conference title game. If Ohio State only needs to beat Purdue, Wisconsin, or whoever once and LSU has to beat Florda or whoever twice...tough. They probably voted for this cash cow game that should be meaningless.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived