Gator bowl has a new logo

Island_Style

I don't think it's such a bad logo. The old one had a lot of potential for improvement and I think it kinda' sucks that there's no hint of a 'gator' anywhere given that it's the title name of the bowl. I can see them altering the colors given that it's a new sponsor and the sponsor's logo has blue and maybe from my view some green in it so that would be sufficent along with bringing in yellow for the goal posts. My guess would be that they eliminated the football and used their logo as the 'football' instead while bringing in the goal posts as the football element to tie everything in.

The only thing that I just REALLY don't like about this new logo is the way the goal post sits against the left hand edge of the T.

You don't mind that there's absolutely no discernible element of a gator in it? (I can't tell if that bottom is supposed to represent an alligator tail, or just grass--and that's not good.)

I like it. Goalposts is one part of football that gets severely underutilized in logo art, with all the balls and helmets dominating the field. I think it's creative, nice-looking and really gives one the sense of a football game that an oval shape, for being so badly overdone, no longer captures.

As for the 'gator element, look at the bottom of the logo and you'll see the ridged back.

The only thing that I just REALLY don't like about this new logo is the way the goal post sits against the left hand edge of the T.

I'm going to take a look at this from a designer's point of view and take a guess at it. I think the "t" being to the left hand edge of the goal posts is actually suppose to represent the sun light hitting it and that is the highlight that you're seeing. Yes, it does need a gator or representation of one somewhere and no that green thing on the bottom doesn't cut it. It's still not a bad logo, but needs more "gator" in it.

I'm going to take a look at this from a designer's point of view and take a guess at it. I think the "t" being to the left hand edge of the goal posts is actually suppose to represent the sun light hitting it and that is the highlight that you're seeing. Yes, it does need a gator or representation of one somewhere and no that green thing on the bottom doesn't cut it. It's still not a bad logo, but needs more "gator" in it.

Needs more cowbell gator.

As mentioned above, the logo has no discernable trace of its namesake (a gator) - which gives it something in common with the Buffaslug (which has no trace of a sabre).

I would bet the lack of a gator on the logo means that down the road Gator will be dropped from the name.

Archived