CONCEPT81: LSU Alternate Helmet w/ New Logo & Font

bigdub81

Ok I haven't done a concept to post other than a few in sports logos for comparisons but I have been working on this one for a while. I got the inspiration from axl, to do my helmet somewhat like his (really tried my best with the time that I got) to make it look as close to real as possible. I know that I can tweak it if so but that will be at a later date. Anyway, aside from the helmet template....I thought about using a logo that I got from a fellow poster who got it from I believe a fan forum off of LSU's website. I won't take claim for the logo or the font since neither is mine but I will take credit for putting them together in such a grand fashion that only God, himself can top me!! (Ok, I went a little Kanye West, with that one but it was a joke if you didn't get it i'm not that conceited) Also I thought that since LSU has a 'waay too thick' yellow stripe around the white stripe already on their pants that a sutiable thinner stripe alike to the helmet would look nice. But hey it's just my opinion you tell me.....C&C as usual and thanks for checking out my post!

And the other two are just for fun....I love only the gold helmet!

Logo-LSUAlternate.png

Logo-LSUAlternate.2.png

Maybe have both of the tiger's eyes showing, make them bigger (the eyes), and have his head facing forward (as opposed to the current down and forward). Then this will be a truly great concept.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Ok i'll try moving the tiger around as suggested but to take away the "LSU" from the helmet is illegal in this state or at least fans up in north louisiana think it should be. They barely get away with having a white helmet!

I would go with this for the tiger, it is their primary. Keep the font that all their teams use but football.

LSU%20Athletics%20Primary.JPG

This would update the look of the logo along with the letters but still keeps the concept of the original.

I would go with this for the tiger, it is their primary. Keep the font that all their teams use but football.

This would update the look of the logo along with the letters but still keeps the concept of the original.

Nah, I think the point of this is to create an original tiger. It doesn't take much work to take the current modernized logo and slap it on the helmet.

Ok, I moved 'LSU' further down and I made the tiger a bit smaller to kinda' fit inside the letters! And I could make another eye for the tiger but that's now how the original design was. The logo that I copied this from was a really small jpeg, and as I blew it up in Illustrator, to trace it the image got more and more distorted. I'll play around with it and see about adding another eye later, but for right now I like it the way it is (not knocking your opinion) and this final version might be solid enough for me. And I'm honored to be asked for my template so I won't be as other's on this board and not share so as soon as I finsih tweaking a few things to make the coloring easier I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks again peoples!!

Edit: Aero3001, I'm just as big a fan as the next person but c'mon man.....you can't tell me that their tiger (which look's a lil' dee-dee-dee) is more ass kicking then the one on my helmet!

Helmet-LSUConcept.png

I'd rather see the pants match the helmet than the other way around. Also, I don't think the white outlines are necessary here, they don't really add that much contrast, and as the current graphics will attest, it works just fine without the silly white outline.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The only problem is that this is the worst big college sports logo created since history was invented.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived