Super bowl xxxviii prediction

NJTank

Actually... NJTank, if you say it'll be won or lost in the trenches (as all games are)... my question is why'd you pick the Pats to win?

The Panthers D-Line is better than the Patriots, and Davis/Foster should combine for atleast 100 yards.

I think the Panthers will control both sides of the line of scrimmage and cover the spread AND win 21-17.

I think both teams will get points on the board as they both have defenses that can make opportunities and not-so-good offenses.

*Edit - It helps to read the entire thing where you said the Pats would pull it out like always.  That answers my "why'd you pick the Pats to win?" question.

IUe6Hvh.png

Patriots 23-17.

The Panthers have 2 weapons on offense...Steve Smith and Steven Davis. The Patriots have the best secondary in the league right now, and have only allowed one 100 yard rushed all season. The Patriots are 5-0 against teams that won at least 10 games this season. There is a reason the Patriots have won 14 games in a row. It's not just luck...they have shut down every tea they have faced. What team was hotter or scarier than the Colts in the playoffs? Shut down like everyone else since before the baseball playoffs started.

I'm not saying the Patriots will totally shut down Carolina, but Carolina won't stop Brady and his short pass routine down the field, and Vinatieri is almost perfect in domes this year. The Patriots have more offensive weapons than the Panthers. Smith and Davis are very impressive, but shut them down, you shut down the Panthers. The Pats have one capable running back (yes, Antoine Smith), and 5 good receivers for Brady to choose from.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

New England Patriots to win 20-16. Brady is a big time player, and it doesn't matter what kind of pressure the Panthers put on him he will come through. The Panthers have come out of the weakest conference, and have come through in the play offs against weakish QBs and Don McNabb, star QB but without the targets to aim for. Now they have the ultimate modern day big game  QB. The Pats also have a great tactical coach, who can formulate a game plan to beat anybody. For me this game is a great team v a good team, and the great team will win.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

talent-wise... The Panthers have the better defense. The Panthers have the better defensive line, and LB's are about equal. While the Panthers don't have the secondary that the Patriots do, a great defensive line (and the Panthers have the best in the NFL) can make good CB's look great. A good secondary can't do much for a defensive line.

The Panthers ALSO have the better offense. While the Patriots use the short pass almost as a run, the Panthers front 4 will get enough pressure on Brady to be effective, allowing the Panthers to keep 7 back in coverage.

Tomy Brady's only real advantage over Delhomme is his composure, which doesn't say much given Delhomme's record in close games, and the first game he played this season was something like a 14 or 17 point 2nd half comeback. Delhomme has the ability to get the ball away from a variety of angles, even against his body accurately. Delhomme also has a stronger arm.

And the Panthers have more heart and determination to win this game as they have practically played this whole postseason in dedication to the 2 coaches with cancer.

IUe6Hvh.png

New England Patriots to win 20-16. Brady is a big time player, and it doesn't matter what kind of pressure the Panthers put on him he will come through. The Panthers have come out of the weakest conference, and have come through in the play offs against weakish QBs and Don McNabb, star QB but without the targets to aim for. Now they have the ultimate modern day big game QB.

I hardly consider Donovan McNabb a 'weak' QB.  He was the only reason the Eagles made it as far as they did this year.

And Brett Favre hasn't had solid targets to aim for in years, yet he's still been a winner.  Are you actually going to count it against them that they beat a consistent playoff team?

And the Patriots had to beat Indy -- a dome team -- in snow.

The Panthers front 4 beat the hell out of McNabb and they'll beat the hell out of Brady.

and Brady is hardly the ultimate anything...

IUe6Hvh.png

New England Patriots to win 20-16. Brady is a big time player, and it doesn't matter what kind of pressure the Panthers put on him he will come through. The Panthers have come out of the weakest conference, and have come through in the play offs against weakish QBs and Don McNabb, star QB but without the targets to aim for. Now they have the ultimate modern day big game QB.

I hardly consider Donovan McNabb a 'weak' QB. He was the only reason the Eagles made it as far as they did this year.

And Brett Favre hasn't had solid targets to aim for in years, yet he's still been a winner. Are you actually going to count it against them that they beat a consistent playoff team?

And the Patriots had to beat Indy -- a dome team -- in snow.

The Panthers front 4 beat the hell out of McNabb and they'll beat the hell out of Brady.

and Brady is hardly the ultimate anything...

Read my post carefully, I said McNabb was a star QB, but with no targets.

Dunno were Favre comes into anything I wrote. Unless I am wrong the cats beat the Cowboys, Rams and Eagles.

Didn't make any comment on how the Pats got this far.

The Pats will win the game with there brains in this game. In Belichick they have a great coach, in Brady they have a star QB, with real big game experience. The Panthers have had a great run, and they are a good team, but I still take the Pats.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

i read the whole post.  I just misread part of it  :D

And I just confused myself and now i'm unconfused having realized the Eagles beat the Packers, and not the Panthers.

I thought you meant they beat Donovan McNabb AND a star QB without any recievers (which would be Favre).  But that was stupid of me cuz' they never played the Packers.  And yeah, you're correct, I had a brain fart momentarily.

And my comment on how far the Pats got was because you said thye got through against weak QB's and then McNabb... well, whether Bulger is good or not... the Rams are STILL a top offense in the NFL.  So QB or not, that offense is working somehow, ain't it?

So how can people overlook a team shutting down the leagues best offense in a frikkin climate controlled dome, no loose footing, no wet football -- yet praise a team for stopping a 'pass first' dome team in snow?

And the Patriots don't have a running game, and they're not going to have much in the air with that front 4 providing pressure.  They can't move, and more importantly, control the ball if they can't run or pass.  Defense will get you so far in game, eventually, offense has to do something to put points on the board.  Carolina should be able to move the ball on The Patriots far better than New England moving the ball on Carolina.

And in defenses struggles... what wins the games?  Field position.  Panthers have a better punter AND punt returner.

IUe6Hvh.png

Hey look I don't really care who wins that much, its a game between 2 of my 5 favourite NFL teams, so I'd be happy for Carolina if they win, but I happen to think at the end of the day its the Pats who'll come out on top.

By the way isn't it freaky, the Democratic nomination race is turning out to maybe be between Sen John Kerry of Massachusttes and Sen John Edwards of South Carolina, and in the middle of the the Patriots take on the Panthers. Fascinating how these things turn out.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

yeah, lol.

I'd prefer the Panthers to win, and I think they will.

the reason I WANT them to win is because I love when franchises win champions for the first time (or the first time in a long time) and the players and fans are all going crazy.  Somethin about that.

When you've done it before, it's not as special.

IUe6Hvh.png

actually last 3 superbowls have been won by the underdogs, dont forget baltimore blowing out the giants

antwat i say Carolina 23 New England 17

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Archived