The return of Robo-Pigeon

Eye

I actually liked the Robo-Pigeon logo, contrary to the majority of people's opions. Now I do like the current Penguins logo and the one right before Robo-Pigeon better, but I think that Robo-Pigeon gets too much of a bad rap. I tried to emulate the 1993-2001 uniforms a bit except for the side and sleeve stripes which I thought would give a sleeker, smoother look compared to common sleeve stripes. C & C as usual. Thanks.

Home uniform:

1pitpenslinessssss.png

Away uniform:

1pitpenssssaway.png

We never gave that logo the opportunity to be called penguin, it was the "Robo-Pigeon"...still looks awful on the front of a jersey. I don't know if i like that design either, to be honest. It looks like a long sleeved shirt with bell bottom cuffs and waist.

Again, don't take it as me being mean, it's C&C.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I disliked that logo very much when it was in use, but over the past 6 or so years without it, I've come to like it more. That said, I feel it would only work on a 3rd jersey. The Skating Penguin is classy and simple. The concepts arent bad, very Flyerish, which, as we all know, doesnt work too well with the Penguins.

The jerseys just seem to lack the modern touch if you will. Again, maybe that's what you were going for, but, it just doesn't fit the direction the league seems to be going in. It's interesting though, and yes, that logo is dreadful. For advice, mine would be to just try and cut down how large those "stripes" are, and pick a better angle for the ovals, not as fat perhaps.

We never gave that logo the opportunity to be called penguin, it was the "Robo-Pigeon"

Ahh, so that's what this logo's name is. I knew something waswrong when I typed "Robo-Penguin". Fixed in the topic title and first post.

The yellow is overpowering on the away jersey. Maybe black numbers.

1pitpenssss3.png

I think I'll try cutting down on the size of the stripes tomorrow and see where this goes.

It looks too flyers esque. Plus you've got this really static angular penguin logo and it clashes with the rounded striping badly.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It looks too flyers esque. Plus you've got this really static angular penguin logo and it clashes with the rounded striping badly.

Much as I do like the logo, this comment sums it up perfectly. Angular logo and curves will never sit well together.

I really like the designs of the jersey , I think you are right on the money when you said you should cut down the size of stripes on the sides , I actually like all 3 of the jerseys and i do like this logo , maybe not as much as the skating penguin but i like it ...

What about changing the bright yellow to the gold they use now ? It might tone it down enough and tie the old and new together , just my thoughts

But i really like the idea and i dont think it is to Flyerish really ...

Good job

Archived