2007 MLS Cup Playoffs

Fred T. Jane

(1) DC United in their annual "If we don't win it all, we'll choke spectacularly!" routine

(2) FC Dallas for showing everyone what kind of stupid divers they are as well as showing everyone exactly how to cold under pressure. Most teams hunker down after a sending off. FC Dallas just chokes.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

What is this MLS you speak of?

I can't believe you don't know! The best Realtors dream every evening of winning the Multiple-Listing Service Cup! :P

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I'm hoping for a big win tonight with the Revolution overtaking Red Bull. It'll be interesting to see how much the remnants of Noel play a part in this one - I'd like to think the slick surfaces will benefit the Revs because their game is more attuned to crisp passing and getting good runs rather than just trying to juke your way through the box. I dunno...last week, they drew 0-0, so I'll say Revs 2, Red Bull 1, with a 2-1 win on aggregate.

(1) DC United in their annual "If we don't win it all, we'll choke spectacularly!" routine

(2) FC Dallas for showing everyone what kind of stupid divers they are as well as showing everyone exactly how to cold under pressure. Most teams hunker down after a sending off. FC Dallas just chokes.

The DC/Chicago game on Thursday was a fantastic game. I am disappointed that DC won't be at MLS Cup, since it'll be in DC (and I'll be there).

Just watched the highlights for the Houston/Dallas game. Some terrific goals in that one, especially the free kick by Davis. Ngwenya was, I think, *just* onside when the ball was played in on the go-ahead goal.

Tough to tell exactly what Alvarez did to get sent off, but I have a guess. *heh*

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Fred, you can laugh at The Black and Red when the Dynamo have won four cups, with three of them in a four year period.

You weren't potty-trained when DC was on their run, so let's keep things in perspective...

---

Alvarez's sending off was pretty much as case of business as usual for Dallas. I mean, why evn do that when you know the officials will be looking at you because of the play? Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

I mean, when Ruiz scored and got in front of the Texian Army supporters, someone hit him with a streamer in the mall of his back. He then grabbed his head and grimaced in pain... <_<

Brad Davis' free kick was absolute class... :D

Were you at the game, Loren? That must have been a great atmosphere.

We were planning on going, but things fell through on Friday morning *ugh* And by all accounts the atmosphere was crazy. I was there when they beat Chivas last year with the Texian Army, and it was nuts. Based on the telecast, it sounded twice as loud as then! :blink:

I'd love to go to the Western Conference Final if it's in Houston, but I have an exam to take a week later, and I'll be studying for it by then. :(

Wizards!

Tie or a win and they'll face Houston.

Nice draw against a toothless Chivas USA. Now they face the Big Boys

The Semifinals are as follows:

New England-Chicago

Houston-Kansas City

I'm picking Houston-Chicago for the MLS Cup because KC doesn't have reliable scoring enough to beat Houston in a single match, and if New England couldn't score on New York apart from a Twellman strike, I don't think they can do it against a Chicago team that does as well as they do in the counter attack.

As for the MLS Cup you ask? Houston wins because (1) No one scores on them and (2) They have enough firepower going forward to match goals with Chicago, especially in a single match like the MLS Cup.

Next week we'll see how wrong I am. :P

I was at the Dynamo game. In fact I won the Mann Eye contest and scored a luxury box for me and 15 friends/family members. I had my head out of the window almost the whole time screaming and chanting. The place was absolutely nucking futs. Between Alvarez's kneeing incident and the countless uncalled dives by Ruiz, the Ref would have had a very hard time getting off the field if Houston hadn't won. (and what's up with giving a goalie a yellow when he's being substituted?) The goals were amazing, and I'm looking forward to going to the next game to watch Dynamo kick some Wizard a**.

On a side note, Oliver Luck was a total D*CK to one of my friends and his 8 year old kid.

earthquakes will be back next year , so i will never root for houston. assclowns stole our team. i hope AEG screws you lot like they screwed us.

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

I was at the Dynamo game. In fact I won the Mann Eye contest and scored a luxury box for me and 15 friends/family members. I had my head out of the window almost the whole time screaming and chanting. The place was absolutely nucking futs. Between Alvarez's kneeing incident and the countless uncalled dives by Ruiz, the Ref would have had a very hard time getting off the field if Houston hadn't won. (and what's up with giving a goalie a yellow when he's being substituted?) The goals were amazing, and I'm looking forward to going to the next game to watch Dynamo kick some Wizard a**.

On a side note, Oliver Luck was a total D*CK to one of my friends and his 8 year old kid.

what a shock. he didnt care about us in san jose. why would he be nice to the fans in houston?

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

earthquakes will be back next year , so i will never root for houston. assclowns stole our team. i hope AEG screws you lot like they screwed us.

What did Houston do to "steal" the 'Quakes from San Jose?

And AEG won't bail on Houston now, especially now that the downtown Soccer-specific stadium is on the verge of being announced. Much too tasty of a club for bidders to not bite on. :D

BTW, don't know if anyone saw this, but the attendance for the Dynamo-FC Dallas match was 30,088. On a Friday night. In Texas. On a college football field.

They're expecting and probably more that this weekend for the Western Conference Final!

Houston-New England for the MLS Cup.

In a quick two-sentence handicap of the match, Houston has scored six goals from five players in the playoffs to New England's two, both from Taylor Twellman. Houston can shut down clubs at will, and will do so to Twellman, but so can New England, though to a lesser extent. Houston wins in Extra Time 1-0.

My prediction

Houston 3

NE 0

New England plays WAY too conservative for my taste and considering they're going up against the best defense in league history, I don't like their chances. I see Houston pushing forward and getting 2 goals in the first half. Second half its back and forth with the ball stuck in midfield. Around the 80th minute NE will start to push forward and that's when Houston counters and seals the deal.

Archived