New Lakewood Blue Claws Alternate Logo

njmeadowlanders

http://www.lakewoodblueclaws.com/lakewood_...s_news.asp#1182

Newlogo.gif

The Lakewood BlueClaws, class-A affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies, have announced that they will institute an alternate logo for the 2008 season. The logo, that depicts a blue crab claw holding a bat, was chosen by a fan vote during the 2007 season.

It's pretty good for a minor league alternate logo, ain't it?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I'm not too far from the Lakewood area and have been to a few games....I actually liked it until I read the description....saying it's a claw holding a bat gives the wrong impression...that's either one small bat or a huge crab...overall though it's pretty solid...

CIDesignSig.png

I wish the claw was facing the other way, but otherwise I like it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I've always said the same thing, even on this board several times. That is one massive cardinal. And this claw, why isn't it facing the other way so it could be interpreted as a C.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I know I'm a Cards fan, homer blah blah.

Anyways, that was always something I noticed, but never concerned me much. It's a logo, and at a certain point you have to mix where it came from (the original birds on the bat logo), with it being a logo and scales being allowed to be distorted with artistic license and whatnot...and you just say it's fine.

Oh, and I fully agree about flippng the logo.

Not sure why they didn't do it. It looks nice, but why not allow it to read as a C?

Anyways, that was always something I noticed, but never concerned me much. It's a logo, and at a certain point you have to mix where it came from (the original birds on the bat logo), with it being a logo and scales being allowed to be distorted with artistic license and whatnot...and you just say it's fine.

Are you sure you're on the right boards? :P Even a homer has to admit that not everything his team does is perfect....

Not making this a "C" is such an obvious missed opportunity, you wonder how it got by them. Maybe they don't see the letter "C" alone as integral to their identity?

Are you sure you're on the right boards? :P Even a homer has to admit that not everything his team does is perfect....

Not making this a "C" is such an obvious missed opportunity, you wonder how it got by them. Maybe they don't see the letter "C" alone as integral to their identity?

Oh, it's not perfect. If it were perfect, it wouldn't catch my attention in the first place.

I do think it's the best solution and not something to really dislike about the logo though. Perhaps it's the biggest flaw, but it's not much of one, IMO.

But hey, you like the ball and glove...so...

I kid, I kid. (Though I don't care much for the ball in glove as a Brewers logo.)

I only like the ball-in-glove when compared with the awful mess they wear every day except Friday. My preferred Brewers logo is, and always has been, the Beer Barrel Man.

I think the wonky scale is a huge flaw (a fatal one, in fact). You don't. We can agree to disagree.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread. :D

Archived