2 concepts for universities in the state of Georgia

elliott

Once I got my hands on doosh's awesome template I knew I had to start making some football concepts. These are my first tries at universities.

Here is the University of Georgia, tried to incorporate some silver into the sleeve of the red jersey and actually give them stripes!

UGAFootballConcept.gif

And here is the (hated) Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, with a more modern look. I tried to keep the piping simple. Also, I darkened the gold, because whenever I see them at home they look like they are wearing white, too.

GTFootballConcept.gif

C+C is appreciated.

Ok. Where is that template?!?!?! I need it!!!! Anyways, I think they look cool and that "UGA" wordmark is kinda unique and cool. However, Georgia has a look that is nice as is, and i think it doesnt really need a change. I think GT could get away with a change (and yours would be a heck of an upgrade!) unless Calvin Johnson has become such a college ledgend that they wanna keep the "Johnson Era" identity.....hmmm... anyways but I think regardless of how the real world would incorporate these changes, I think they look sharp and well done. Great work.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

...and why not pair up the blue jersey with the yellow pants?

Or the all gold(kidding).

The Georgia concept is very classy and it would look good on the field, even the black jersey. I like the Tech one more though. I really like the striping and the blue jersey.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

OK, thanks for everyones comments. To answer some questions, it is doosh's template, but he doesn't use vector so I vectorized it myself. If anyone wants the template I will ask his permission to send it to you.

It wasn't as much inspired by the new NHL than I was by the Hawks new jerseys.

And to answer a question about blue jersey/yellow pants: It didn't look as good, in my opinion.

Here is a UGA set w/ red pants, and all GT combinations I didn't include:

UGAFootballConcept2.gif

GTFootballConcept2.gif

(these GT ones all are my least favorite, which is why I didn't include them originally)

Although all 6 of these jerseys are not really combinations I would want, C+C is still appreciated!

Ok. Where is that template?!?!?! I need it!!!! Anyways, I think they look cool and that "UGA" wordmark is kinda unique and cool. However, Georgia has a look that is nice as is, and i think it doesnt really need a change. I think GT could get away with a change (and yours would be a heck of an upgrade!) unless Calvin Johnson has become such a college ledgend that they wanna keep the "Johnson Era" identity.....hmmm... anyways but I think regardless of how the real world would incorporate these changes, I think they look sharp and well done. Great work.
naw, but I think they need to go back to the blue home jerseys and use gold helmets

I like both concepts, the first one is kinda plain, but I don't understand the cultural attachment to the basic designs.

The second one is a little more interesting, though I don't like the all gold look at all.

Can I also just suggest you distort the numbers & text so they have the appearance of fitting on the jersey?

In Illustrator it's not that hard, now that oddball directed me to a little help.

Filter>Distort>Free Distort is what I used.

Then you just distort it to the right shape.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• 1 month later...

Elliott, I really like these. Although I take an opposite stance from you (I'm a future jacket, class of '13 yes i know im young), I really enjoyed all of them that you showed. I really like the Tech with the blue top and yellow pants (im a sucker for two colors), and i loved the UGA(g) with the black jersey and white pants. The only suggestions I would make is to not use "UGA" as your wordmark, but just "Georgia" (like they have now), and to use the striping you used on Tech's for Georgia's. It gives it a little more originality. All of your concepts are very sharp and would look great on the field (except the yellow on yellow).

Beautiful work!

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Archived